• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Bronco graveyard and Wood Feroce steering wheel

broncodriver99

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Glen Allen, VA
Times have changed..
That’s really only one option. The settlement option is the same. You are simply saying they can buy another one and wait for settlement, or wait for settlement. It favors the vendor, ties up the consumers funds, and has a negative impact on return business.

I can think of at least two more options, both have been standard procedure for businesses forever, and something a consumer values and appreciates. They have a positive impact on return business.

Option 1) Return the defective item for a refund.
Option 2) Ship a replacement. This is the remedy that consumers appreciate and what JBG eventually did.

I have had many vendors tell me, “Just keep it if it is damaged, we can’t use it. We will ship you a new one”

BTW... It is perfectly legal to request a chargeback if you have disputed charges for a damaged item and have not received a satisfactory response. It is covered by the Fair Credit Billing Act (FCBA) which protects consumers from fraudulent charges and specifically covers damaged goods.

“Credit card users who feel helpless when dealing with merchants that provide shoddy goods and services should know they have a powerful tool available to them: chargebacks.

A chargeback occurs when a credit card holder disputes a charge and the transaction is reversed. People tend to think of chargebacks as remedies for billing errors or fraudulent purchases. But consumers can also dispute a charge if they’re dissatisfied with the quality of merchandise, service or delivery and the merchant refuses to make things right, according to the federal Fair Credit Billing Act.”
https://www.nerdwallet.com/blog/cre...gn=ct_prod&utm_source=forbes&utm_medium=mpsyn

X2!

I run my own business and have never once asked a customer to front the cost of a replacement part for one that I just sold them. I handle it and sometimes it takes a little while to get my money back from the manufacturer but that's just one of the costs of doing business. In my opinion that's the way it is supposed to be, as the customer has already paid once. On top of that there is usually my labor involved installing said part only to find out it is defective. I definitely don't charge them labor twice either. Hell, most of the time I haven't even been paid for the defective part or the labor yet as most of my customers have Net 30 terms.

The idea that the seller gets to dictate how when and why a customer gets a refund or replacement is also silly. I can tell you that saying Protocol or Policy is one of the last things you want to do when having a discussion with me about a defective part. I guess I am just old school but I still believe it is a business' responsibility to serve me not the other way around. I really do not believe in dictating terms to a customer that is having an issue through no fault of their own.

AZ73

Contributor
Bronco Guru