• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Bronco hard top selling

V75bronco

How much is the glass on a 1975 Ford bronco worth? And how much for the whole things?

Broncobowsher

Total hack
Depends on where you are at. Condition of top. Pool of buyers.
Shipping a top is crazy expensive. To the point that is often the deal breaker. It can cost as much to ship just the top as it does the whole Bronco.

For the longest time tops around me were anywhere from free to $100. But I know that the same top in very good condition would sell in the rust belt for an easy $500. This was back when Broncos were still afordable. With today's prices and craziness it will be more. As prices have increased, so have the standards. If you have a rusted out top, nobody will pay good money for it. The market is for perfect tops or original patina.

If your top is bad enough that you are thinking that pulling the glass will turn you a better profit, it probably isn't worth much. The glass isn't high dollar, there is plenty around if someone wants original markings. Being flat glass, most any glass shop can cut the glass and have it tempered.

toddz69

Sponsor/Vendor
Bronco Guru
As a matter of comparison, I looked at a top a few days ago that needs some work (dents on the top/crossbar repairs) and some paint work and the asking price is $1500.

Todd Z.

Broncobowsher

Total hack
As a matter of comparison, I looked at a top a few days ago that needs some work (dents on the top/crossbar repairs) and some paint work and the asking price is $1500.

Todd Z.
Remember that asking price does not always reflect transaction price.

Mikes79Bronco

Loc.
Homer Glen, IL
I just paid $350 for one a few months ago in Illinois. Missing back glass, but an extra hatch with glass was included. Has some minor dents and dings along with random holes where stuff has been mounted to it throughout its life. Only major rust is along the windshield mounting rail other than that there is some minor surface rust spots. From what I saw when looking for one they are all over the place in price.

PXL_20230724_170137171.MP.jpg

PXL_20230724_170206817.MP.jpg

PXL_20230724_170212661.MP.jpg

toddz69

Sponsor/Vendor
Bronco Guru
That's a fantastic price in today's market! Congrats!

Todd Z.

Speedrdr

Contributor
Learning Member
Loc.
Paris, MS
I’ve never bought either a full top OR a half cab, but always managed to locate somebody willing to trade half cab for my full cab or or full cab for my half cab. One has to be patient in looking but if I could swap in the ‘Deep South’ several times ( swapped back and forth several times), it should be a doable deal.

Randy

toddz69

Sponsor/Vendor
Bronco Guru
I’ve never bought either a full top OR a half cab, but always managed to locate somebody willing to trade half cab for my full cab or or full cab for my half cab. One has to be patient in looking but if I could swap in the ‘Deep South’ several times ( swapped back and forth several times), it should be a doable deal.

Randy
Yeah, patience is the key. I sold my hardtop 30 years ago and just recently decided I'd like to put one back on my truck (a friend's rollover in Feb. brought it up on the priority list for me).

Todd Z.

Speedrdr

Contributor
Learning Member
Loc.
Paris, MS
Yeah, patience is the key. I sold my hardtop 30 years ago and just recently decided I'd like to put one back on my truck (a friend's rollover in Feb. brought it up on the priority list for me).

Todd Z.
I think I almost wore out the top of the windshield as many times as I swapped back and forth. This 77 is transforming to a half cab but I’m gonna keep the full cab in the barn just in case I change my mind. Lol

Randy

Broncobowsher

Total hack
I just paid $350 for one a few months ago in Illinois. Missing back glass, but an extra hatch with glass was included. Has some minor dents and dings along with random holes where stuff has been mounted to it throughout its life. Only major rust is along the windshield mounting rail other than that there is some minor surface rust spots. From what I saw when looking for one they are all over the place in price.

Half that value is probably in the stainless window trim.

56f100bbw

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Tucson / lakeside AZ
I bought this top last year had to drive 150 miles one way to get it I actually found it in my wanted ad looking for a roof and the guy called me so it was never listed for sale. Had to give 1300 but it’s original paint. No rust no dents. all nice glass with real nice trim drip rails are perfect been in doors most of its life I bought two other roofs, both of them I got rid of not so good shape

Attachments

• 66181922149__5E4D9F87-88A8-40E5-868C-878BB1D323A7.fullsizerender.jpeg
    66181922149__5E4D9F87-88A8-40E5-868C-878BB1D323A7.fullsizerender.jpeg
    453.6 KB · Views: 35
Last edited:

LUBr LuvR

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I bought this top last year had to drive 150 miles one way to get it I actually found it in my wanted ad looking for a roof and the guy called me so it was never listed for sale. Had to give 1300 but it’s original paint. No rust no dents. all nice glass with real nice trim drip rails are perfect been in doors most of its life I bought two other roofs, both of them I get rid of not so good shape

You did great on that one! I’ve not come across anything that nice.

Howard2x4x4

Contributor
Bronco Guru

Yeah, that's a good price.

CowboyGrin

Contributor
the circus looks like fun
Loc.
Oklahoma
Of course. In my case, a lower price was offered and not accepted. I'm still looking....

Todd Z.
If you ever find yourself in Oklahoma, I have one that I could part with. Sounds like it is in similar condition as the one you looked at.