• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Bronco on Barrett-Jackson this weekend

ngsd

Bronco Guru
This one deserves the big bucks as it was done right. I will be watching!

markw

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Nice Bronco! Should do well. What kind of seats are those?

toddz69

Sponsor/Vendor
Bronco Guru
Nice Bronco! Should do well. What kind of seats are those?

I'm guessing they're the fairly generic buckets (reupholstered of course) sold by Tom's and others. They look pretty comfortable and classic to me!

Todd Z.

HuffDaddy

I'm a bit new to old Broncos but aren't a lot of these conversions with soft tops half cabs? I just don't care for the looks of the half cab with the hard top but when lifted and roll cages added it looks like a completely different vehicle. I guess you just remove the hard top and the bulkhead also just unbolts? These vehicles are crazy. I keep thinking I know a little but I have a long way to go.

ngsd

Bronco Guru
plus bidder fees and taxes well over 150k. I think this was nicer than several of the ICON broncos that brought over 200k. Well bought in that respect.

Audifan

Contributor
plus bidder fees and taxes well over 150k. I think this was nicer than several of the ICON broncos that brought over 200k. Well bought in that respect.

I agree. Build and feature wise, this is a much nicer restomod than some of the Icon ones.

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I'm a bit new to old Broncos but aren't a lot of these conversions with soft tops half cabs? I just don't care for the looks of the half cab with the hard top but when lifted and roll cages added it looks like a completely different vehicle. I guess you just remove the hard top and the bulkhead also just unbolts?

Hey there. It's not necessarily a half-cab that gets the soft top treatment. Some of them were I'm sure, but lots of wagons with full tops get soft tops too. Either the top rusted out or was damaged, or the owner wanted a soft top and just sold the hard top to someone that needed/wanted one, or like many of us, we run the soft top while our nice old hard top sits in the shed/garage/shop/side yard.
Of course, half-cab owners can very easily be in that category because many don't like the more cramped cabin so open it up with a soft top. Tons of people love the look of a half-cab/pickup model, but maybe don't like the closed in feeling. I'd be one of those too.
Lots of reasons for a soft top. Or not a soft top...

All the tops just unbolt. Same for the bulkheads, which were even ordered with some full top Broncos. Unless it's been welded in, like some have been over the years.

Paul

guilty1

Contributor
I was there and had a chance to check the 66 out. Beautiful build. $ well deserved. Every aspect was perfect!