• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Broncobob Cage Install Question

stoker

I purchased a family cage from Broncobob recently. His instructions indicate I should trim some from the bottom of the main hoops for roof clearance. (“Start by standing one of the rear hoops up inside the rear of the Bronco with the hardtop installed, trim it down to fit inside the top and not rub”).

I do not have a roof and therefore cannot measure the amount to trim for roof clearance. I may want to install a roof at some point without having to modify the cage.

For those who have installed a Broncobob cage, what is the minimum amount I should trim from the main hoops? Or, What is the maximum height of the main hoop crossbar to allow for future roof installation?

Thanks.

76YETI

Contributor
Loc.
KC METRO
I believe my roll bar height is just over 43" from floorboard. I have roughly two inches from it to the top. I'll measure again, but I think that's right. I ordered my from extreme custom Fabrication out of Iowa. sales@extremecustomparts.com I also updated my "garage" and included a picture of it during install.

mpboxer

Contributor
Loc.
Queen Creek, AZ
I would give him a ring. He will be able to tell you exactly. Super nice guy and great customer service. I paid extra for the pre-fit option and I don't have access to the bronco at the moment or I would measure it for you.

turbotim2

I just installed one of his cages this fall with the top on. I can get you some measurements this evening if you don't get an answer before then.

jmangi62

Bronco Guru
I installed mine but it's under a soft top,can send pics if you want,or as was said already give him a call,great guy.:cool:

76YETI

Contributor
Loc.
KC METRO
Behind drivers seat on flat part of floor it measures approx 43" to top of cage and I have 2" clearance between it and the top. The front bar by the windshield is approx 46.5" from the floor....I think it looks good at this height.

turbotim2

Behind drivers seat on flat part of floor it measures approx 43" to top of cage and I have 2" clearance between it and the top. The front bar by the windshield is approx 46.5" from the floor....I think it looks good at this height.

Mine measures the same.