• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Broncolou and Broncitis team up for Coal Bucket race 7/17

Broncoloupy

Loc.
Parkton MD
Come join us on raceday in Dornsife PA. We will be racing with at least 100 other rigs through the woods of Line Mtn. I hope to scare Drew a little and maybe make him giggle like a little girl ;D Drew has been helping me out for years and I am happy to get him in the truck for a great day of racing. The location is about an hour north of Harrisburg PA along the Susquehenna River. there is camping on site along with porto potties and a nice snack bar that serves breakfast lunch and dinner. Lots of easy access to the race course and tons of cool people to hang out with. Any info needed can be found at www.LM4W.org Hope to see some of you there.

Last race was one of our best yet. We placed 5th in the Long wheelbase class and 12th overall out of 13? racers. it was the first time endurance racing I never had to get out of the truck until the finish line...hoping for a repeat!

Weather looks to be a little warm for sat. looks like it should make for good race conditions. http://www.weather.com/weather/tenday/USPA0415

kb6677

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Good luck Lou and Drew!!!! Maybe a day in the go fast eb will motivate someone to put "other" hobbies on the backburner and get back to working on some broncos :)-

chris

No more Rock Crawler
Good luck guys!

Drew, count how many times he gets it up on two wheels and keep your eye on the temp gauge! ;D

Pearlcoat

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Good luck Broncolou Racing, with Drew as co-pilot!! Wish I could be there to watch and cheer two of my favorite guys racing, but its just not in the cards. I sure hope to get to Line Mtn sometime this year to watch the action.

Give 'em hell, Lou!!

allenfahey

Bronco Guru
From the title of the thread I thought Drew was entering Iron Bear! He's done just about everything else with it. Good luck guys.

ej77eb

Loc.
Wooster, OH
Good luck Lou & Drew!

Hope you don't have any trail repairs since the BroncOhio boys won't be there to fix it "quickly";D

Broncitis

MEB Founder
Looking forward to it for sure!

I just got done fabbing up some fittings here at work to attach Lou's fresh air pumper to another helmet of Lou's that I'm putting together with an intercom.

Allen, I have seriously thought about entering Iron Bear up there in the future!

OP
OP
Broncoloupy

Broncoloupy

Loc.
Parkton MD
Midget race prep

did you get the booster seat installed for Drew? ;D
I didn't think much about your post until Drew stopped by to borrow my truck tonite..... I said" sit in and see how to set the new Mirror should be set(thanks Nick)" He gets it and after we realize we both can't see well out of one rearview mirror I say "hell with it, its all about me". I walk away for a minute and come back. Drew starts showing me how short the co-driver handlebar and footrest is. Soooooo along with all the other race prep, now I have midget race prep........
Current setup that has been good for 4 differnet co-drivers including Chris Jones and Dave Erichsen(other Bronco guys,normal sized).
Drewraceprep001.jpg

Let the work begin....
Drewraceprep002.jpg

Drewraceprep003.jpg

Drewraceprep005.jpg

Drewraceprep004.jpg

Drewraceprep006.jpg

Drewraceprep007.jpg

So his little feet don't slip off....
Drewraceprep008.jpg

Drewraceprep009.jpg

Drewraceprep010.jpg

I hope we do well this race, my "little buddy" needs to be as comfortable as possible so we can keep up with the standards Iron Bear has set at such a high level:eek:

OP
OP
Broncoloupy

Broncoloupy

Loc.
Parkton MD
Good luck Lou & Drew!

Hope you don't have any trail repairs since the BroncOhio boys won't be there to fix it "quickly";D

Do not think this went "unnoticed". I will remember this next year as we "whip up' on the tech challenge......

Brian.. you are supposed to be racing "your" truck?:?

Broncitis

MEB Founder
Sweet!

Now it should fit like a glove!;D

I'm not sure what Ransil was cracking jokes about since it is now about his size too! ;)

Lou rocks!:)