• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Bunch of Broncos for sale - nice shape - under $10,000 each

abn373

Contributor
Loc.
Charleston, SC
Auto trader is where I bought mine in 1997.... $1,300 cash and drove the POS home. Still have it today. Seriously, when I bought it I never remotely even thought Bronco's would be collectable or would EVER have any value.

toddz69

Sponsor/Vendor
Bronco Guru
Ahhhh......the memories....that was after the split into the older and newer stuff and they at least had the trucks organized by make and model. I still have a few pages from some of them in the '90s but nothing that old. I bought my first Truck Trader in May of '81 when I was 12 years old. I think it had 3-4 EBs in it and you had to flip through the whole thing to find them.

Todd Z.

fordfan

Contributor
Bronco Guru
"Invested over $8000, sacrifice for $5200, or trade for nice import economy car"! .......

This is about the same time I was window shopping and bought my first one! $2500 to $3000 was the number for a nice one then around here.....

Bajabrewer

Contributor
Bronco Guru
In 87-88 I looked thru a bunch of those looking for a good buy on a decent Bronco. I even remember seeing a "Denver Bronco" in one but it was in Denver & I was over the mountain in Breckenridge so never went to look at it. Instead I settled for one I found beside the road for $3,000 - I still have that Baja today! 😎

JohnnyB77

Loc.
Amarillo, TX
I loved the old auto/ truck trader magazines. When I was a kid I’d go to the grocery store with my mom just so I could flip though then and dream .

ep67bro

Contributor
Bronco Junky
Loc.
Easton, MD
Dam look at those prices!! Mine weren't that old but spent many hours in the late 90s early 2000s looking through truck trader, auto trader, and local classifieds looking for Mustangs, trucks and broncos. It was exciting to get the newest issues for the best deals! I bought my 67 out of a local classified paper called The Guide. Paid $2,200 for it. Actually I bought my 1968 High boy from it and a parts truck too. The Guide amazingly is still in print and I still pick it up from time to time. Not as many deals as in the past but you never know.

Soylent

Contributor
Loc.
California
I bought my first bronco, a 1971, out of auto trader in 1980 for $2000. Said it ran rough. Quick distributor cap change and it ran beautifully. Sold it a few years later for not much more. What was that line in animal house by dean wormer?

Speedrdr

Contributor
Learning Member
Loc.
Paris, MS
Bought my 1st Bronco, a ‘72, in 1980 for $2,600. Was an idiot to have sold it as it was in very good shape for being a MS Delta 4x4. 😢😢

Randy