• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

C-Bushing with radius arm drop down brackets

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Yep, the snowball effect is in full force with Broncos!

Did you say you measured your current lift? Checking between the top of the axle tubes and the bottom of the frame rails? If it's more than 3.5 that's even more reason for a low caster reading.

You could have 5" roughly on a dropped pitman arm, but it's rating is less than that because there is a little bit of drop even on the stock arms.

Paul

OP
OP
capt2130

capt2130

My stock 76 has 6” between frames and the 72 has 9-3/4. So I’m saying it’s a 3-1/2.

That all said would it better to take the drop brackets off and just do the 7 degree bushing? I think it’ll be more solid and cleaner looking.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rguest3

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Even with that long Track Bar drop Bracket, is there an adjustable Track Bar installed? The first picture makes it look like the front tire is pretty wide (sticks out) on the driver's side.

Is the Body centered over the Frame?

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
My stock 76 has 6” between frames and the 72 has 9-3/4. So I’m saying it’s a 3-1/2.

We generally consider 7" front and 6" rear to be stock-ish. With variations from the factory, you're right there. Could be a 2.5 to 4 inch lift then.

That all said would it better to take the drop brackets off and just do the 7 degree bushing?

With Broncos "better" is relative. But yes, likely it would be the better choice.
You could reinforce the drop brackets to get good performance out of them too, and keep all their advantages. But it's questionable and you'd still have big ugly hangers hanging down from the frame!

I think it’ll be more solid and cleaner looking.

Definitely cleaner looking!

OP
OP
capt2130

capt2130

There isn't an adjustable track bar. I need to measure it and see but it appear to be symmetrical. Will probably go that route when all said and done.

My plan is to take off the the drop brackets and install the 7 degrees bushing. Will check everything out and reinforce the tack bar drop or mfg something myself better then what is there.

Thanks for all the help and guidance guys!!