• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

can you post a pic of 66 steering wheel with/without half moon ring

SP66

Bronco Guru
Noticed when I did not need it one of the vendors selling old steering wheels with the half moon ring for the horn. Now I can't find it anyone know who has it? I have the wheel but the ring is broken. Thanks

Last edited:
OP
OP
S

SP66

Bronco Guru
The 66 horn button is different

Mine came with a typical Ford center button with a lower metal half moon attached, doesn't make it correct but can't see why it would have been changed--any thoughts to share? I checked restos from the pics of 66 on Big Sky Bronco's and later one seemed just a button early had lower ring--thoughts???

Last edited:

Ovalis

Contributor
Loc.
Los Angeles
Also, the '66 was a polished chrome, where as the others were more of a satin chrome.

OP
OP
S

SP66

Bronco Guru
Here ya go... 1966

Hey bigpitbull, I'm miscommunicating. I'm not talking about anything on the center button at all---I'm referring to the half moon bar that extents of the center cap for the full length of the steering wheel. Check the best pic I could find. Thanks. Maybe I should have named this thread "let's see your 66 steering wheel."

stevew

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Elliston Montana
Scott the difference between a '66 horn button/ring & all other years is the "Product of Ford Motor Company " script . It was only on the '66's . A plain button or one with the ring was available until they changed the entire steering wheel style in what , '74 ?

OP
OP
S

SP66

Bronco Guru
Scott the difference between a '66 horn button/ring & all other years is the "Product of Ford Motor Company " script . It was only on the '66's . A plain button or one with the ring was available until they changed the entire steering wheel style in what , '74 ?

Got it thanks to all

66Uncut

Contributor
Loc.
So. Cal
My 66 only has the "Product of..." button and not the ring.

Was the ring specific to the chrome package? Most 66's I've seen with the ring also sport chrome bumpers and chrome tail light bezels.

fordfan

Contributor
Bronco Guru
My 66 only has the "Product of..." button and not the ring.

Was the ring specific to the chrome package? Most 66's I've seen with the ring also sport chrome bumpers and chrome tail light bezels.

Yes.....The horn ring came with the chrome bumpers and the tail light bezels.

Also, to throw in another wrinkle, not all '66s had the "Product of... Motor Company". Some of the later '66s did not seem to have the extra wording....just the Ford logo.....

eaglenest66

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Yes.....The horn ring came with the chrome bumpers and the tail light bezels.

Also, to throw in another wrinkle, not all '66s had the "Product of... Motor Company". Some of the later '66s did not seem to have the extra wording....just the Ford logo.....

Those would be the early '67s then. Chrome still and with the oval Ford logo only. After '67, the finish became satin.