• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Carpet kits and Duff tuff floor shifter

Asinomuto

I have the duff floor shifter installed in my 1970, and want to buy a carpet kit. Has anybody done this? The fiberglass tunnel cover is too big to put under carpet kits. Do you put in the kit, then cut a hole and put the cover over the carpet? Also, of the currently available kits, what is the preferred vendor? Tom's? WH? Any pictures would be great.

EPB72

Contributor
Loc.
Pleasant Hill, CA
I have the duff floor shifter installed in my 1970, and want to buy a carpet kit. Has anybody done this? The fiberglass tunnel cover is too big to put under carpet kits. Do you put in the kit, then cut a hole and put the cover over the carpet? Also, of the currently available kits, what is the preferred vendor? Tom's? WH? Any pictures would be great.
Or ACC carpets more options..but more epensiv. Yep will need work at shifter area,

OP
OP
Asinomuto

Asinomuto

Or ACC carpets more options..but more epensiv. Yep will need work at shifter area,
OC autocarpets seems to be selling ACC carpets, cheaper than ACCmats. what is the official ACC website?

OP
OP
Asinomuto

Asinomuto

OC autocarpets seems to be selling ACC carpets, cheaper than ACCmats. what is the official ACC website?
looks like its actually the same part number and everything from both sites, but OC auto is on sale...

GloNDark

GetAttachmentThumbnail
I had the Duff floor shifter for a while with my 3 speed. I had the vinyl mats but same idea as carpet. I pulled the cover for the shifter installed the vinyl and cut for the shifter and then painted the shifter cover and reinstalled it. Looked pretty decent when it was done.

The only pic I have if it this that I found while finishing up the wiring.

OP
OP
Asinomuto

Asinomuto

GetAttachmentThumbnail
I had the Duff floor shifter for a while with my 3 speed. I had the vinyl mats but same idea as carpet. I pulled the cover for the shifter installed the vinyl and cut for the shifter and then painted the shifter cover and reinstalled it. Looked pretty decent when it was done.

The only pic I have if it this that I found while finishing up the wiring.
thank you

904Bronco

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
San Martin, CA
ACC carpet kit from WH's, had them in 3 weeks, vs. the 6 weeks they were preparing me for. They sent me some color samples to help make the decision, I returned them to WH's afterwards. Haven't done the front portion yet, back turned out great... Fitment was very good, I added under layment in a few places... I looked at a few vendors, prices were the same or similar. Test fitting and templates can be made as needed.

Attachments

• IMG_20230218_150530369_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20230218_150530369_HDR.jpg
    150.8 KB · Views: 21