• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Cherokee wiper swap

mfluke

Have a question for anyone that has done the 86 Cherokee wiper swap.. I drilled rivet out, had to lube to get arm to move out. But at the end where it’s bent up for the spring, how can you get that out very tight? All I can think is a flathead to seperate the female part to slide it out. Then rebend and drill new holes for the rivet and spring and try to pinch female piece back?

SevenT

Contributor
Loc.
Southern Colorado
mfluke,

That is exactly what I did. Don't flare the end too much. Use a rag and a vise to clamp back down. Good luck.

v/r,

SevenT

Last edited:

Timstrk

Make sure you are using the arm with the J hook on the end. Those wiper blades are easy to get. Newest style.

RH

anybody know what year they started using the j-hook style wiper arms?

txtruk15

Contributor
Loc.
Highland Village, TX
anybody know what year they started using the j-hook style wiper arms?

not sure, but I ordered them from quadratec new:

WIPER ARM-REAR 84-96 XJ 56000598
Item# 17331 $16.99 USD
WIPER BLADE-REAR 84-96 XJ 55000299
Item# 17330 $10.99 USD

RH

Thanks TXTRUK thats good info. I have the pin style cherokee wipers, and they work good but the J-Style seem to be more common these days