• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Chevy front disc conversion

Gas Pig

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Ok it’s been quite awhile since I did Chevy disc conversion and I need a quick refresher. I already have the Chevy backing plates and the spindles. Although I think my spindles are the larger wheel bearing version so I think I have to get them turned down to the smaller Ford wheel bearing size.

The other thing I don’t remember is the hub. I don’t remember if I just pressed off drum and reused the drum hub with a new disc and longer wheel studs or just had to buy 76 and up hub and rotor assembly?

So any pointers would be greatly appreciated, Jeff

JWMcCrary

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Been a while and I no longer have it but I used 76 rotors and hubs

garberz

Bronco Influencer
Loc.
Conejo Valley, Ca.
The drum hubs will require a little bit of machining, to accept a rotor. Simpler to buy new Raybestos from Rock Auto.

Mark

Attachments

• 09A2B0F1-3BC4-48FB-8FF0-CD3C004310F8.jpg
    09A2B0F1-3BC4-48FB-8FF0-CD3C004310F8.jpg
    68.5 KB · Views: 47
OP
OP
Gas Pig

Gas Pig

Contributor
Bronco Guru
The drum hubs will require a little bit of machining, to accept a rotor. Simpler to buy new Raybestos from Rock Auto.

Mark

Hey Mark, I’ll probably just buy the Raybestos one but do you know what part of the hub needs machining? I had remembered that I have two lose drum hubs and my axle guy is very on his machining prices. I’m going have turn down my Chevy spindles anyway it might be worth the effort?

Thanks again Jeff

murdador

Mr. Member

Mark

FYI I went with new Raybestos hubs from rock auto and had to file them a bit to get the stock locking hubs to fit. ?:? If I was doing it again, I'd spend a little bit more for less of a headache. Just my two cents.