• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Cost to ship a suspension

Broncmeister

I finally have enough money to purchase a new suspension for my 73 sport, well I thought I did. I contacted Toms and to ship to sweetgrass Montana from Toms in Oregon they want 170 bucks. Does that sound reasonable? Even worse, to ship to my door across the border which is only 60 miles north of sweetgrass Montana they wanted 325 bucks plus 147 for duties and brokerage for a sweet little total of 472 dollars to get it to my house. That would almost double the cost of the suspension! I'm taking a stand, and refusing to purchase this suspension at what I consider to be shipping extortion.

Could anybody tell me where they got their suspension and how much it cost them to ship? Thanks for any input you could give.

Revelation

Bronco Guru
That sounds a little much for the 1100 miles.
I got
2 Coil Springs,
Rear Spring Hanger, R of Leaf 2
Rear Leaf's
Dana 44 Overhaul kit
2 Dana 44 Ball joints
9" Master overhaul kit, Large Bearing 1

Shipping was $65.06 From JBG to Orlando Florida

screamin reel

Loc.
Calgary, Alberta, Ca
Getting anything across the border (shipped) especially that heavy is going to cost you. Try Drew @ Modern Motors or National 4x4 in Calgary. They sell the Cage systems.

There should be someone, any 4x4 or truck shop down your way that should be able to get something shipped up with their regular order to save the bucks.

Depending on the shipping company they may have a pick up place right at the border. 60 miles isn't that far to go get it.

Keep searching.

OP
OP
Broncmeister

Broncmeister

Thanks screamin reel, but my biggest complaint was getting it shipped to Montana. I can drive the 60 miles and pick it up myself and handle my own brokerage and duties at the border for much less. The point is that 170 bucks to ship to Montana from Oregon is way too much in my opinion, as Revelation pointed out in his post it cost him 65 dollars to ship more stuff and a much greater distance. That's why I am looking for other opinions from people who bought from parts stores other than Tom's and what kind of shipping they paid.

OP
OP
Broncmeister

Broncmeister

I'm not sure how TOFIC could shed any light on the situation of shipping between states. As I've already said, I will be shipping to Sweetgrass Montana and picking it up from there. All I'm really asking is if anybody else has had experience with shipping a suspension kit that didn't break their bank accounts, and which parts house they bought from. Thanks for the input anyways.

starkypdx

Loc.
Secret lab in Oregon
If you think it's too much then get the box weights and visit ups.com OR send your own carrier in there to get it. That's what I did with wildhorses a couple years back to avoid their STAGGERING markup on the freight portion.

OP
OP
Broncmeister

Broncmeister

I'll check that out, thank you. I was hoping somebody could post what they paid for shipping, but your idea of getting my own shipping is a great idea too.

johnmlebel

Bronco Guru
a set of leafs standard 5pack weigh in at 130 lbs and the coils drops brackets and a few other things are 70 lbs i just sent a set out and it cost me 140.00

tomsoffroad76

Sponsor/Vendor
TOMS OFFROAD
Hi broncomeister. I just looked into this and here is what is going on...

When I first looked at the posting, it didn't seem right the amount you were showing to ship this lift kit. I plugged it into the system and came up with $124 (this is true shipping cost plus about $5 for boxes). What apparently happened is that the person here quoting the lift kit accidentally looked at zone 7 rather than zone 5 when quoting the lift. Had you gotten back to us pointing out that the shipping price seemed high, we could have looked at more closely and would have caught this error. I am sorry that this confusion occured. At Tom's Bronco Parts, we do everything we can to make our customers happy, because we know that they are the reason we are around. We would appreciate another chance to win your business.

-Garrett
Tom's Bronco Parts

OP
OP
Broncmeister

Broncmeister

My goodness. That was very nice of you to have done that, and it is appreciated. Garrett, please accept my apologies for getting more upset than I should have, I blew a gasket in my email reply to you and it was rude and uncalled for. I have purchased many things from Toms in the past, and have always received top notch service from you guys, and I know I will continue to receive the same service in the future. I will contact you this afternoon and purchase the suspension. Thank you so much for being so kind and courteous, and I can't wait for the suspension ;D

Revelation

Bronco Guru

When I first looked at the posting, it didn't seem right the amount you were showing to ship this lift kit. I plugged it into the system and came up with $124 (this is true shipping cost plus about $5 for boxes). What apparently happened is that the person here quoting the lift kit accidentally looked at zone 7 rather than zone 5 when quoting the lift. Had you gotten back to us pointing out that the shipping price seemed high, we could have looked at more closely and would have caught this error. I am sorry that this confusion occured. At Tom's Bronco Parts, we do everything we can to make our customers happy, because we know that they are the reason we are around. We would appreciate another chance to win your business.

-Garrett
Tom's Bronco Parts

And that my friends is why I like the vendors who frequent this board, all are stand up companies. Bravo TBP's!!

Chief Master Sergeant

Retired U.S. Air Force

-Garrett
Tom's Bronco Parts

Can I assume zone 7 is Anchorage, Alaska? I want to purchase a lift, but was told the shipping was as much as the parts. 99506

tomsoffroad76

Sponsor/Vendor
TOMS OFFROAD
Can I assume zone 7 is Anchorage, Alaska? I want to purchase a lift, but was told the shipping was as much as the parts. 99506

Unfortunately, to ship to Alaska it sometimes as much as the parts. The cheapest way to ship there is FedEx 2-day air (ground is available but actually more expensive). One thing that may help, I checked into Truck Freight and on this item it would be cheaper. Give me a call at 800-749-5028 and I can get you an exact quote but on the kit he was looking at it would be around $395 shipping truck freight (still not cheap but better). Thanks.

OP
OP
Broncmeister

Broncmeister

Just to let everyone know, my problem has been dealt with efficiently and professionally by Garrett at TBP. The suspension system has been ordered, and the shipping issue fixed. Thank you very much Garrett, and kudo's to Toms Bronco Parts!

evil69

fawkin classy
Loc.
Athens, GA
And to you for being big enough to come back and post you kinda flew off the handle (in an email none of us here seen) and posting the problem was fixed. Sometimes we only bitch and never take our own medicine and post a public apology once the problem is corrected.

tomsoffroad76

Sponsor/Vendor
TOMS OFFROAD
Just to let everyone know, my problem has been dealt with efficiently and professionally by Garrett at TBP. The suspension system has been ordered, and the shipping issue fixed. Thank you very much Garrett, and kudo's to Toms Bronco Parts!

Thanks again Broncmeister and glad we could resolve this. Have a good one. :)