• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Cost to ship a suspension

Chief Master Sergeant

Contributor
Retired U.S. Air Force
Unfortunately, to ship to Alaska it sometimes as much as the parts. The cheapest way to ship there is FedEx 2-day air (ground is available but actually more expensive). One thing that may help, I checked into Truck Freight and on this item it would be cheaper. Give me a call at 800-749-5028 and I can get you an exact quote but on the kit he was looking at it would be around $395 shipping truck freight (still not cheap but better). Thanks.

Maybe someone is headed this way next spring and wouldn't mine bringing it with them. :) Pipe dream huh?

blubuckaroo

Grease Monkey
Loc.
Ridgefield WA
I bought a very large order from Tom's and the shipping came to over $200. I asked if I could get a break on my parts since I'm a really good customer and they said they couldn't adjust the price but they could adjust the shipping price. They sent it for just over $60. Vendors contract shipping prices and always make lots of profit from shipping.
They sent me a new shirt too!

tomsoffroad76

Sponsor/Vendor
TOMS OFFROAD
Maybe someone is headed this way next spring and wouldn't mine bringing it with them. :) Pipe dream huh?

I'd love to come up there and bring your parts. I haven't been to Alaska since I was 7, I'd love to go back. Unfortunately, not gonna happen right now. Maybe see ya someday up there.

Landshark

Loc.
California
I bought a very large order from Tom's and the shipping came to over $200. I asked if I could get a break on my parts since I'm a really good customer and they said they couldn't adjust the price but they could adjust the shipping price. They sent it for just over $60. Vendors contract shipping prices and always make lots of profit from shipping.
They sent me a new shirt too!

I disagree. It sounds more like the same thing that happened here (They gave you a wrong quote, realized it then fixed it). I'm always amazed at how people start saying "gouging" when giving them shipping prices. I do a considerable amount of business on EBay, had a customer once complain that I was "Gouging" and he was going to report me to EBay. I showed him a quote from the UPS site, weight & size of the package and I was only charging $2.00 more than that cost. He called me a liar and his "Friend" at UPS said I was charging too much. Now you tell me, "friend from UPS" or the link and copy from the web site with costs?
One more thing, people forget that you pay shipping charges and what about costs of boxes? Staples? Tape? packaging? Packing material? If you factor in those costs, shipping is always going to be higher than actual "shipping" costs.

blubuckaroo

Grease Monkey
Loc.
Ridgefield WA
I disagree. It sounds more like the same thing that happened here (They gave you a wrong quote, realized it then fixed it). I'm always amazed at how people start saying "gouging" when giving them shipping prices. I do a considerable amount of business on EBay, had a customer once complain that I was "Gouging" and he was going to report me to EBay. I showed him a quote from the UPS site, weight & size of the package and I was only charging $2.00 more than that cost. He called me a liar and his "Friend" at UPS said I was charging too much. Now you tell me, "friend from UPS" or the link and copy from the web site with costs?
One more thing, people forget that you pay shipping charges and what about costs of boxes? Staples? Tape? packaging? Packing material? If you factor in those costs, shipping is always going to be higher than actual "shipping" costs.

No!
Vendors make lots of monet on shipping charges. And yes Fedex is different than freight.