• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Coyote Engine Swap How To

Prest72

Loc.
San Luis Obispo, CA
Can anyone direct me to a good resource to do a Coyote Engine swap on a 68 Bronco? Like what adaptors and parts I would need, transmission etc - a full parts list. Basically a Coyote swap how to for a laymen who knows nothing.

Wild horse 75

Loc.
BC
Start surfing youtube. In the limited time I’ve spent looking I couldn’t find bronco specific videos but there are lots on there for generic pros and cons to the coyote swap.

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
BC Broncos has been a long time source of information (and probably the parts) for different engine swaps.
And frankly, some of the members here have done several successful swaps, and might have the info you need.
Which is of course why you posted up the question!

Benratt

You might want to consider a built 302 with a Sniper or similar fuel injection. I put a stroked 347 with a Sniper TBI and I have plenty of power. It seems way easier to me than doing a Coyote swap. Blueprint engines make some good crate engines for the Bronco.

73azbronco

Contributor
Bronco Guru
$666 worth of fender parts before you even buy the motor, tranny etc....

Broncobowsher

Total hack
There is also the EFI to think about. The stock computer won't run the engine alone. There will be harness work and at least a little programming of the computer (remove security and a few other tied in things).

As much as getting the engine to fit under the hood looks to be the hard part, it's the 100 little things that will bite you in the end and any of those 100 little things is what makes the difference between a quality install and a hack install. Get 99 right and 1 wrong, and it's all wrong.