• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Dana 20 Leaks

jw0747

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
San Antonio, TX
Dana 20 inspection plate won't stop seeping even with new gasket. Did I do something wrong using a new gasket with a thin layer of black sealer? Any and all suggestions for a remedy are appreciated.

NicksTrix

Bronco Guru
is it leaking from the bolts? in the past i've found a dab of sealer on the bolt threads helps.

TTTGOWYO

Tyler T. - EB Obsessed
Loc.
Louisville
Check that torque is even all the way around and take the cover off make sure it lays nice and flat. Mine had a slight bend in it and was leaking. I ended up getting one of the aluminum WH covers and no leaks since. Other than that, maybe the breather is clogged and it is blowing gasket out. Just another guess. Some different things to think about. I would also ask Viper, I am sure he has a more educated answer. Good luck. I HATE leaks.

xcntrk

Bronco Guru
Loc.
NOVA
Thread sealant? I think it's the center most bolts that thread all the way through into the inner cavity where oil can seep down the through the threads.

Bronchole

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Chatsworth, Ca (LA)

Viperwolf1

Contributor
electron whisperer
Thread sealant? I think it's the center most bolts that thread all the way through into the inner cavity where oil can seep down the through the threads.

No. The 4 end bolts go all the way through the case. Use sealer there. The other 6 are blind holes.