• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Dana 44 hubs for RCV axles

JWMcCrary

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I know most are running slugs and that's probably the best. From what I've read the Yukon hubs are probably the best lockouts. When I upgraded to the RCVs I bought the pieces to convert my Warn premium hubs. My question is how prone are the Warn premiums to breaking? Has anybody broken one with RCVs? I've heard of many breaking with u-joint axles but the 30 spline piece is supposedly made out of better material.

sykanr0ng

Bronco Guru
If someone would make the 30 spline conversion for the Spicer hubs I would buy them.

Since they don't, the Yukon Hardcore hubs are the only good choice.
All the other aftermarket hubs on the market are a downgrade from the Spicer hubs.

Yeller

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Rogers County Oklahoma
If someone would make the 30 spline conversion for the Spicer hubs I would buy them.

Since they don't, the Yukon Hardcore hubs are the only good choice.
All the other aftermarket hubs on the market are a downgrade from the Spicer hubs.

Sorry JW but he's right. The warn parts ar just too small. The upgraded piece from RCV is a good step up but still not the same strength as the spicer design that Yukon copied. It's expensive to produce and can be finiky to operate, hence why the warn design being so popular.

OP
OP
JWMcCrary

JWMcCrary

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Sorry JW but he's right. The warn parts ar just too small. The upgraded piece from RCV is a good step up but still not the same strength as the spicer design that Yukon copied. It's expensive to produce and can be finiky to operate, hence why the warn design being so popular.

Dang man, every time you reply to a comment of mine it costs me....lmao. Thanks man, I'm hearing exactly what I expected. Look like I need to upgrade before OCBR.

SteveL

Huge chevy guy
Loc.
Hawthorne ca
It isn't warns design. It's the cheap material they're made of. Mile marker made a set of ultimate hubs. Same design as warn but all good steel. They discontinued em a few years back. I've got a set on the shelf going on my 44 when it gets the arb and axles.

OP
OP
JWMcCrary

JWMcCrary

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Just ordered a set of the Yukons, will hang on the Warns for spares.
Thanks Guys

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
Dang man, every time you reply to a comment of mine it costs me....lmao. Thanks man, I'm hearing exactly what I expected. Look like I need to upgrade before OCBR.

it definitely won't hurt brother. Get it done :)

Yeller

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Rogers County Oklahoma

Sorry%)%)%) I've just broke a LOT of stuf....LOL:eek::eek::eek:

It isn't warns design. It's the cheap material they're made of. Mile marker made a set of ultimate hubs. Same design as warn but all good steel. They discontinued em a few years back. I've got a set on the shelf going on my 44 when it gets the arb and axles.

Those were definitely better but weren't indestructible, I've broken both the D44 and D60 versions of the ultimate hubs.

I do like the yukon hubs better than the spicers, the caps are all steel and durable, i always broke the caps and dials on spicer's

nvrstuk

Contributor
Just a Bronco driver for over 50 yrs!
So a local buddy installed Yukon hubs last year and after grenading an axle this spring upgraded to RCV BUT even with the "upgrade" part to match the Yukon hub to the new RCV they won't go together...I haven't seen it but he said he had to go back to his Warn hubs... what's up?

thanks

Yeller

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Rogers County Oklahoma
So a local buddy installed Yukon hubs last year and after grenading an axle this spring upgraded to RCV BUT even with the "upgrade" part to match the Yukon hub to the new RCV they won't go together...I haven't seen it but he said he had to go back to his Warn hubs... what's up?

thanks

Not sure. I've heard of that issue with the RCV stubs but have not experienced it. But on RCV's with a d44 I've only done their drive flange after the warns gave it up on the trail

SteveL

Huge chevy guy
Loc.
Hawthorne ca
Are you talking about the spring metal that engages on the threaded part? 2 of those failed on me and one hub just broke

snipes243

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Huntersville, NC
Are you talking about the spring metal that engages on the threaded part? 2 of those failed on me and one hub just broke

This outer spiral clip
b91afe6297fc907ae288c9cc1dafb84c.jpg
f07a56dffcf76c783e39aab76d7a4d80.jpg
55da6ac18a5a4d69542178604e4a0735.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk