• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Disecting the first Production/Prototype/Shelby Bronco

joebronco73

Contributor
Loc.
Lago Vista, TX
The FORD badging on the grille look like the letters from a Torino or Fairlane, but it can only be assumed that a lot of parts were taken from existing models and production. Very cool posting. Its always fun learning the history behind Broncos!

OP
OP
toddz69

toddz69

Sponsor/Vendor
Bronco Guru
Here's the pic of the data plate on the transfer case:

And here are some pics of some letters that I took at the auction. I think they look very similar. Unfortunately I don't remember what year and model of car it was!

Also, on the inside of the driver's rear quarter panel, there's a cover/cap on the hole where there originally was a hole for an auxiliary fuel tank. There are some crude remains of bracketry on the underside of the body as well.

Todd Z.

El Kabong

Contributor
Driving stuff Henry built
Cool info. Subscribed. Thanks!

Notice also in these pictures that the letters on the grille aren't production Bronco Sport letters. I found some similar, but not identical ones on other Ford cars of the era at the auction. Perhaps another enthusiast more familiar with that detail could tell us what vehicle they're from...

Are these a match? If so Ebay shows these as 1966 Galaxy hood/trunk letters. I don't know if that's correct or not.

"D" part # C6AB-544028-D
1966-Ford-Galaxie-500-Trunk-Letter-d-c6Ab-544028-D-_1.jpg

s-l225.jpg

s-l225.jpg

s-l225.jpg

JefeAZ

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Tucson
I was in that Gateway booth Friday around 11a and noticed that "nasty" Bronco. I spent 5 minutes looking at it without realizing the story behind it. Kind of bums me out but at least I know I got to see #000!

I might have seen all 4 of you without realizing it too

OP
OP
toddz69

toddz69

Sponsor/Vendor
Bronco Guru
I was in that Gateway booth Friday around 11a and noticed that "nasty" Bronco. I spent 5 minutes looking at it without realizing the story behind it. Kind of bums me out but at least I know I got to see #000!

I might have seen all 4 of you without realizing it too

We got there at 2:00 and were around the booth for several hours, I think, before we marched off and looked at other cars.

Todd Z.