• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Displaying Bronco at auto show - need advice!

viperchief

Loc.
Layton, Utah
The shop that did the restoration of my Bronco has asked if they can display it at the upcoming Utah Auto Expo January 15-18. Any advice regarding how to go about ensuring my Bronco is protected? I will be out of town so the shop will be taking my ride to the show and back for me. I am excited to show it off but a bit nervous as well! Any info would be appreciated!

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I'm sure others will have some more specific info for you, but it's a matter of trust and insurance to my way of thinking. Are you comfortable with them driving it? Probably, since they built it and have had it in the past.
I would imagine that if anything happens to it while in their care, they would cover the repair replacement costs. Even though YOUR insurance will cover some things, that's your money and your record. I'd expect them to cover 100% of anything that goes wrong. From a chip in the paint, to a dented fender, even down to cleaning it up if they let kids with dirty fingers crawl all over it!

I bet a lot of shops do just this with customer's rides, so it's likely a regular thing. Maybe they've even done it. But don't just let them run it around without some assurances (preferably in writing) that they will take good care of your baby. AND you!

Paul

Justafordguy

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Congrats but You need to get something in writing from them saying they will cover 100% of any damage that may happen to it. Any get it notarized..;)

Whoaa

Bronco Guru
Having the shop ask you to show it YOUR Bronco and THEIR work is amazing. I can assume you have a really great relationship w/ them, because rebuilding old classic can be trying on any relationship.

I'd humbly take them up on the offer, and not worry about anything. Surely you have a good Hagerty Classic Car Insurance policy. After all, they want to show off their work. And I'd go so far as to say that I'll be you'll get it back cleaner than you dropped it off to them :)

Rustytruck

Bronco Guru
you definitely want it written up on their service ticket so its covered by their deep pocket insurance while in their possession.

Bronco Junkie

So Cal Broncos
I would not do it....BUT if you do, take the advice above and get it in writing as to what will happen if something happens. Make sure it is specific to what YOU want. Your Bronco looks great. Good luck!!