• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Does anyone have a Scott Drake 6-bolt Corso Foroci steering wheel?

tommyg

Contributor
Pretty random question I know...but I've got an Ididit tilt steering column in my '74 that's currently mounted to an old Momo wheel with 6 bolts. I'd really like to put in a 15" wood wheel and would rather not pay extra for a new adapter. The 6 bolt Corso seems to fit the bill, but it has a different horn than the 9 bolt version and it's hard to tell how to address the center emblem from what I can tell, the Bronco Graveyard version is specifically the 9 bolt version.

The 6-bolt version seems to have a blank center spot unless you want a Shelby. Do they make a Bronco or Ford center emblem that's part of the horn, or do you just need to order the Bronco sticker and stick it on the horn?

OP
OP
tommyg

tommyg

Contributor
I got the steering wheel, and I've got it pretty much figured out...the steering wheel aligns to my existing adapter so that is good. Only question (and sorry if this is a dumb question)...the picture of the corso adapter shows two red wires. I assume one is positive and one is negative, they just kept them the same color b/c it doesn't matter which side of the horn you hook them up to. My existing wiring has a black wire. Just checking to insure i don't fry something before hooking it up.

Attachments

• lac-ba-22404_sw_xl.jpg
    lac-ba-22404_sw_xl.jpg
    53.7 KB · Views: 20

EPB72

Contributor
Loc.
Pleasant Hill, CA
THe adaptor with two wires is for some 73's and earlier ..74 to77 use the single wire ..there not interchangable .....look at your turn signal switch earlier version will have 2 horn contacts that contact the contact ring dual trace on the bottom of addaptor ,,

74 and newer will only have 1 horn contact on switch and addaptor will only have a single contact ring trace...

the 2 wire aren't positive and negative ,,more like in and out,,,,,,the single wire is a switched path to ground

so for your horn to work things need to be matched properly

OP
OP
tommyg

tommyg

Contributor
I appreciate it, but I may be more confused than before. I've got a '74 with an Ididit steering column and two wires, positive negative wire coming from the center column. I can post pics tomorrow if makes sense. are you saying to ignore the negative and only plug in one of the two? My current Grant steering wheel had a black/red, positive/negative plug-in.

EPB72

Contributor
Loc.
Pleasant Hill, CA
I appreciate it, but I may be more confused than before. I've got a '74 with an Ididit steering column and two wires, positive negative wire coming from the center column. I can post pics tomorrow if makes sense. are you saying to ignore the negative and only plug in one of the two? My current Grant steering wheel had a black/red, positive/negative plug-in.

I missed the IDIDIT part ,,so not sure But does the Ididit column use a GM turn signal switch maybe someone will know ,,,pictures would be good..

https://www.wildhorses4x4.com/produ...t_Fit_74-75_Steel_Column_Shift/Ididit_Columns

just looked at wildhorses they use a ford turnsignal switch single wire horn contact ..the two wire addaptor more then likely not work ,,

Last edited:
OP
OP
tommyg

tommyg

Contributor
this is the steering column and the horn connectors. I'm thinking I just need to put a larger female connector on the black wire and hook them up?

Attachments

• thumbnail_Image (1).jpg
    thumbnail_Image (1).jpg
    99.2 KB · Views: 34
  • thumbnail_Image (2).jpg
    thumbnail_Image (2).jpg
    81.9 KB · Views: 28

EPB72

Contributor
Loc.
Pleasant Hill, CA
this is the steering column and the horn connectors. I'm thinking I just need to put a larger female connector on the black wire and hook them up?

appears your good to go.. you can momentarly touch the wire connectors together the horn should sound ..the horn button just connects both terminals ..

OP
OP
tommyg

tommyg

Contributor
Thanks for the help, greatly appreciate it. Everything worked perfectly, I just need to grab a few shorter length screws as a few of the adapter screws are hitting the back plate which is why the horn isn't fully pushed in yet. Very happy with it.

Attachments

• thumbnail_Image (3).jpg
    thumbnail_Image (3).jpg
    111.6 KB · Views: 47