• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

door rub after floor,rocker and post replacement

firehawk

Loc.
Clawson, Michigan
When aligning the doors you should always start at the gap where the door meets the quarter panel, unless you replaced the quarters also.

That will be a point that has not moved and a great reference point. Also make sure the top of the door meets the top of the quarter.

Once you get that looking good then look and the gaps at the rocker and fender.

That should give you an idea of where you need to adjust. It looks to me like the rocker is too high in the rear and could also be a little low in the front.

Maybe try cutting the welds loose on the rocker and adjust as necessary.

It is also possible the door post is not in the ideal position also. And hopefully you dont have to cut that back out.

You could call it good enough, but by the sounds of it you are doing your best to make it look as good as possible.

I do bodywork for a living and it can be frustrating sometimes, trying to line up parts in 3D can be tough.

Just keep at it and take a break when necessary. It is taking me longer than I anticipated to complete the bodywork on my '71 but hope the end result is worth it.

OP
OP
Silverhorse

Silverhorse

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Pensacola
Two possibilities: 1) top door frame is bent in, probably not. 2) Rocker and door post are too far out at bottom, most likely with work you have done. Front fender will follow them in. You have had a lot of things working against you since your first welds. Not being a smart a**, just stuff starts with one small thing off and keeps building off of that.

I figured this measurement would be off some so
I measured from outside frame to inner rocker directly below the door post and For whatever reason it measure the same as the driver side???