• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Double shock ID ???

NixBronco

Contributor
Trying to ID the suspension kit on my pos bronco I’m rebuilding. Anyone know who made this style double shock mount?

IMG_2604.jpeg

Broncobowsher

Total hack
I'm going to say it's a Bubba's Welding Shop special.
I don't recall seeing that one from any of the venders in the past 35 years. Someone custom fabricated it a long time ago. Too dirty and crusty to really tell what they made it out of. Looks like some of it was cut with the blue tipped axe.

OP
OP
NixBronco

NixBronco

Contributor
I was trying to see what the lower mount is attached to. Doesn't look like a normal radius arm
Pretty sure its a stock radius arm but now you have me second guessing. 😂 I’ll check later today and report back.

Either way everything is coming off, frame is straight underneath the ugly. Except maybe a couple frame horn ends.

Thanks for replies, I’d never seen this setup before. 🤙🤙🤙

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
It’s hard to tell, but it does look kind of like a normal arm to me. Just with an extra plate welded on as a “tire rub“ plate.
Couple more pictures will tell the tail. Maybe even shoot one of the backside of the shock mount if you can.

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I have seen shock mounts like that offered over-the-counter. But just as likely accustomed. I don’t really remember who offered them, and they were just a basic cut and weld job of the ones I’ve seen.

Broncobowsher

Total hack
I think the lower shock mount is just a tab (likely welded) off the stock mount.
Dirt, rust, and a little out of focus make it hard to tell.

rocknhorse76

Contributor
Bronco owner since 1993 💪🏻
Loc.
Central WA
I'm going to say it's a Bubba's Welding Shop special.
I don't recall seeing that one from any of the venders in the past 35 years. Someone custom fabricated it a long time ago. Too dirty and crusty to really tell what they made it out of. Looks like some of it was cut with the blue tipped axe.
I’m going with Cleetus. That’s Bubba’s 4th cousin twice removed.

OP
OP
NixBronco

NixBronco

Contributor
I went out to get more pics this evening. I obviously didn’t look close enough cause its straight from Bubba & Cleetus! 🤦‍♂️ 😂