• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Driver side floor pan issue

OP
OP
J

jason.k

Loc.
Gulfport Ms
Ok guys it's been a while since I could work on the floors. I have a 21 month old son that keeps me pretty busy.
This is what I have figured out. I moved to the passenger side and figured I would tackle the drivers side once I was done there. The passenger side went pretty smooth but I did notice the brace #2. The one that the pass seat front bolts go in sagged a lot when I cut the floors out months ago and it really effected the driver side. I jacked that brace up until the upper seat platform was level. Then I put a 2X4 and some paint sticks between the brace and frame and removed the jack. Then I trimmed the pans to fit. When I sheet metal screwed it all together and removed my 2X4 and paint sticks it all stayed in place so I moved to the driver side. I was still only at 21 1/8 from cowl to floor so I put a bottle jack on trans tunnel and to the cowl. Jacked it up a little bit and the tunnel moved down. Took another measurement and I was at 21 1/4 on both sides. Jacked a little more and got to 21 1/2 but things seemed to be binding up a bit so I got it back to 21 1/4 and used sheet metal screws to secure the front of the trans tunnel to the lower dash center panel. Then the back of the tunnel to the upper seat platform and everything stayed put. I'm not at 21 1/2 but close.
I'm not an expert at this but this is what I've learned if you are removing both pass and driver floor pan along with trans tunnel and #1 brace this is the method/ order that worked for me after trial and error.
1. Put the brace in. Put body mount bolts in and take a measurement from the front of the brace to the lower dash center panel. Take brace out and and use the measurement I just got and screwed my tunnel to the brace. Put it back in the bronco.

2. Make sure brace #2 has not sagged if so correct it like mentioned above.

3. Trim and screw passenger side pans in place. Remove 2X4 and shims and make sure brace #2 stays in place.

4. Trim and screw driver Side pan in place.

5. Then bottle jack on trans tunnel and 2X4 across the cowl and jack until 21 1/2 from floor pan to cowl on both driver and pass side. Screw the tunnel to lower dash center panel. Then screw the back of trans tunnel to upper seat platform.

6. Remove jack and check measurements.

rydog1130

Sponsor/Vendor
Bronco Guru
sounds like you got it, and your finding out it takes a few tries to get things to fit and line up right! good luck on the rest of the project!