• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Dual Exhaust question

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Thanks for the pictures. They came out pretty good. And that is one slick looking exhaust!
Did you do the install yourself, or have a shop do it?

pcf_mark

Bronco Guru
That is very high quality workmanship! The supported T joints is a sign of a person who has seen some off road parts fail from flexing. Tig welded nice with strong hangers well placed.

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Used to have one of them do all the installs on the car shows that were showcasing the exhaust. See the same guy (don't remember his name at the moment) on all the PowerBlock shows, and even the ones that Chip Foose was involved with.
He was a regular, doing many custom installs on heavily customized vehicles.

Paul

ksbronco75

Contributor
And as porous as most Broncos are, you don’t even have to have the liftgate open, or the top off.
In fact, sometimes it’s better with the top off that on! Lots of little cracks, crevices and holes for the fumes to come in through.
Broncos have little cracks and crevices?? No way? 😂😂 the little air demons drive me crazy!!!

AzBroncoGuy

I recently installed a dual exhaust system from James Duff. I had some difficulty on the passenger side with the down pipe from the manifold not being properly bent. After they sent me a new pipe it fit like a glove. My system is 2 1/8" aluminized pipe. I went with the Magflow SS mufflers. They have 4 options on the kit for mufflers and down pipe options for headers as well as stock manifolds.
I'm very happy with the system and it sound great!
I'm in the middle of a total overhaul. I ditched the headers that I used to have because spark plug wires lasted a short time along with other heat issues. Not to mention the fact that headers don't do anything but produce more heat and noise until the engine exceeds 4K RPM.