• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Dual sump main bearing bolt replacement?

fla67

351W with dual sump. In the course of replacing oil pump and pick up tube. The bolt to hold pick up tube was welded to main bearing bolt - broke.
Can you replace just one main bearing bolt with the proper bolt/stud for pick up tube? I see them in the vendors replacement pans. Torque Specs?

Attachments

• main bolt.png
    main bolt.png
    89.1 KB · Views: 6

Broncobowsher

Total hack
Few years ago I walked into a Ford dealer parts department and they had the correct bolt on the shelf. Sometimes we forget that dealers have parts. Easier and cheaper then special ordering one and paying shipping.

It was also the best deal I could find on a fan shroud. But that was many years ago, I wonder if they can still get them?

OP
OP
fla67

fla67

Thanks Broncobowsher - I will use that advice next time.

I have the bolt, i was looking to see if the install was a simple as removing the old bolt and replacing with new and what the torque specs would be.

bmc69

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I have the bolt, i was looking to see if the install was a simple as removing the old bolt and replacing with new and what the torque specs would be.

yep..as simple as that. 95-105 ft-lbs is the spec for the main cap bolts.