• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Duff / Cage Radius Arm Help

bighorn

I bought a set of used Duff arms from a fellow bronco brother last week. The arms are huge! Cool, anyway the brackets to mount the arms didn't come with it and I knew that going into the deal.

So, I've got to fab some brackets up and I'd like to get some pictures of the orginal brackets so I can fab one up to go with the arms. I found a prefab bracket on ruffstuff that looks close but I'm not sure until I take some measurements of the arms and spacers.

http://www.ruffstuffspecialties.com/catalog/chassis-bracket-p-125.html

I also need some measurements or advice on how to determine the best position to mount the brackets. I'm running a 3.5" lift up front. Is it a set distance from the stock radius bracket or do you mount the arms and then locate the axle and mount the bracket?

bronko69er

EB Addict
Loc.
Renton, WA
Call up Suzy Duff, she can probably send you the original instructions (might have locations for the brackets) and sell you the brackets too if you want.

SC74

Contributor
Bronco Guru
This is the best pic I have showing the CAGE brackets. You should be able to fab something up easily with some thick plate.

Attachments

• DSC00177.JPG
    DSC00177.JPG
    101.1 KB · Views: 155

bigmuddy

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Marthasville Missouri
Bighorn did you get the DOM spacer that go between the heims and the frame brackets on the inside. They help to center the heims inside the brackets.

Ben

OP
OP
B

bighorn

I did get the DOM spacers that go on the bolt. Is the bracket just plate the same width as the frame or is 1/2" narrower?

Anybody got a close picture of the bracket? All the pictures I have are from 20 feet away.

On a 3.5" lift do you use 2 degree or 4 degree bushings?

I

bax

Contributor
Old Member
4 degree bushing is what i was told.

bigmuddy

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Marthasville Missouri
I run 2 degree but I am going to go back to 4 degree. I know some others that have had terrible driving issues by going to the 7 degree bushings FYI. I tore my calf muscle but when I can I will try to post a close up of my brackets.

Ben

TJK74

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Newark CA
Thats not what my Cage brackets look like! Was there an update?

Yep there was an update on the brackets. They now sit about 3/4" lower than the original ones did for a very good reason. I wish I would have gotten the new ones or they would sell the new style bracket to some of those like myself that could use them:-X

Attachments

• IMG_1023.jpg
    IMG_1023.jpg
    80.4 KB · Views: 67
  • IMG_1015.jpg
    IMG_1015.jpg
    82 KB · Views: 73
OP
OP
B

bighorn

Wow. What is the new dimension from the bottom of the frame to the centerline of the bolt....or what should it be?