• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

DuraSpark Distributor - Too fat for the hole

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Did I miss it? Or did you not say what happened with the distributor?
Sorry if I'm just not up on my reading, but very curious what you ended up doing.

Paul

OP
OP
.94 OR

.94 OR

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I had purchased a DuraSpark dizzy, wires and 3 blue boxes from someone on here last year. Finally had time to install this spring. That is when I ran into the issue of the dizzy not fitting. Likely for a 351 engine so I set it aside and picked up a rebuilt from Advanced Auto. I had purchased the wire loom from Summit last year as well.

I am now able to turn the key on to pressurize the command center fuel pump for the FiTech, then bump the key to start, and it fires right up and idles. It has never done that in almost 30 years of ownership.

Need to call the insurance agent today and get liability put back on it and see about burning some gas this evening.