• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

'77 Duraspark Distributor -- best replacement option

ntsqd

heratic car camper
Loc.
Upper SoKA
Then at least that unit had a Motorcraft vacuum advance assembly. Zooming in myself it looks like the main housing is too as it has the cast-in p/n feature typical of Motorcraft distributor bodies, but I can't read if it has the "MOTORCRAFT" logo there as well.

blubuckaroo

Grease Monkey
Loc.
Ridgefield WA
I've searched the forum and just a few threads pop up on what is a good replacement option for a duraspark distributor replacement option.

Does anyone have any experience with any stock type replacements that have lasted an also appear to be of decent quality?

Rincarnation
They take a rebuilt Duraspark distributor, and recurve it and the vacuum advance to your particular engine.
You send them your vehicle and engine specifics, and you get a plug-n-play distributor and a recommended initial timing.
I've been running one for about eight years. It's a big difference from just buying a replacement distributor.
I paid around $150 back when had them make mine.
http://reincarnation-automotive.com/