• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Early broncos in Hawaii

Attac

Contributor
So I got the opportunity to take some of my family to Hawaii and today my kids went with friends and me and my wife decided to go to the Kona coffee distric and visit a coffee farm. While driving through about a four mile area I saw three magnificent early broncos. One was an origional uncut ginger and white that was in amazing shape. Looked like it just rolled off the showroom floor. About a mile past I saw a topless yellow/cream bronco and about another mile I saw a green one. Lighter green. The only one I saw close up was the ginger. It was at a store I stopped at on either 11 or 190. Was so interested in looking at it I completely forgot to take a pic. This was on the big island. Was this any of you guys

dave67fd

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Glad you got to see a few. The 3 times I have been haven't seen any. I believe there's not too many members on the big Island but "Madgyver" and "mauibronco" are two of the regulars here and might be able to help you out. Their not on the Big Island but may know of the rigs.

We usually visit in November and hit the Kona Coffee Festival, quite amazing. Doing Maui this year. Hoping to hook up with "mauibronco" to say hello.

enesset

Loc.
NorCal & Iowa
A year ago I was out on Maui and saw 3 plus we were out on lanai and saw and talked with a cool guy that had it as an original in their family. Will see if i can find the photos

OP
OP
Attac

Attac

Contributor
The ginger one i saw pretty good, I was parked and when a car moved by me there it was. It was a gentleman in maybe 50s driving it and it looked original. The paint and trim wasn't like it was done today but looks like how they did coming from factory. But it was CLEAN. Hard to explain but today's paint is so much better than the paint of 50 yrs ago that it looked like original paint. But like week old original paint. After seeing the 3rd one I told my wife "see we can move here, we already have the bronco". She replied "you can just build another one when we get here".:)

dave67fd

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Don't know anything that could be much better in life than driving a Bronco in Hawaii.:cool::cool:

tennessee toy

Loc.
Dyersburg, TN
Saw a couple of few weeks ago in our visit. I had the opportunity to grow up in Oahu as a military brat. Left in 1970. Me and the family have made many trips back. Saw a couple on Kauai and on Oahu. I don't remember spotting any on Maui.
Aloha always!

nvrstuk

Contributor
Just a Bronco driver for over 50 yrs!
I haven't seen any Broncos on the Big Island yet but last week I saw two on Molokai.... :)