• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

early stretched four door bronco

broncosilver

Loc.
springhill fl.
im lookin for some pics, maybe a build of some broncos stretched to four doors. i have had no luck. anyone have a lead? what are peoples opinions of them? i thinking about stretching mine if i dont sell it soon.

Buldozer

Bronco Virtuoso
Loc.
God's Country
Seems like there was a nice green one in Bronco Driver a few issues back. It was on the cover and had a nice story inside the magazine. Good luck.

broncow72

Village Idiot
Loc.
Spring,TX.
What do you want to do with it after you stretch it? Trails? Urban assault? I can tell you the turning radius is deeply effected by adding 39" to the wheel base. So technical trail rides are out for me. Tito is also working on a less stretched 4 door. Maybe he'll chime in on his progress.

FRANKO289

Contributor
Bronco enthusiast
and if you dont sale it bring it down to holopaw in nov !!

Dan74Bronc

Loc.
Chandler, Az
I am considering stretching (4 door) a Bronco but I don't want to mess up the one I have so I need to get another...or two. Here are a couple pics I've saved off the web for ideas. I have no idea who owns these broncos nor do I have any informaion about them. I thought they were cool though.

Attachments

• DSCN0389-SMALL.JPG
    DSCN0389-SMALL.JPG
    124 KB · Views: 332
  • R082.jpg
    R082.jpg
    141.9 KB · Views: 332
  • stretched4doorhalfcab.jpg
    stretched4doorhalfcab.jpg
    212 KB · Views: 632

rhino2104

I am considering stretching (4 door) a Bronco but I don't want to mess up the one I have so I need to get another...or two. Here are a couple pics I've saved off the web for ideas. I have no idea who owns these broncos nor do I have any informaion about them. I thought they were cool though.

I'm really digging that green one. Damn now that is Bronco number 6 or 7 that I think that I'm going to have to get.

broncnut

The blue one and the orange one with flames are the same. The owner is a So Cal Broncos Dude. He is on the list.

Tito

CB Fire Starter
Loc.
Bakersfield, CA
I am in the planning stage on mine. The fact is that I have 3 young boys and a girl due in a few weeks and I want something unique to do some real wheeling with and take the family. I currently have a 12" stretched Bronco that I can fit everyone in while using a second rear seat installed but it is pretty cramped in there and I dont want the rear seat all the way to the tailgate for safety reasons. I did roll with the fam in it at Big Bear BB this year and it worked but getting to the middle and rear is tough.

My new plans are to take the 76 I have in the garage that is halfway to bare metal and cut the tub horizontally where the floor rises on the driver side, slide the whole rear section back 26" and add a middle striker striker pillar that will be reinforced with the cage at the B-pillar that will go to the floor and subsequently to the frame. I am doing 26" as thats 2/3 of a door and is right at the vent window vertical (FWIW the JK rear doors are 29" and curve down so I think ingress will be fine). Cutting it down here will allow for all the internals to be reused even the glass, I will just need to add a section of window frame to the front where the vent was. The rear doors will be suicided, I will just modify the rear striker to be a post instead.
I am going to try and lower the floor the whole way back until you get to the rear bed floor area where the 3rd seat will be. Going to try an use a full set of seats out of something like a Honda Pilot or something kinda midsized that has a fold down middle row and a narrower third row. Possibly an explorer middle and a Tahoe 3rd row if I need to miss match.

By doing it this way a hard top can be easily stretched to fit as can a soft top since they will each just need 26" in the middle. The only section that I am still working on in my brain is potentially a needed removable upper pillar above the middle pillar for when the top is on to fill a small gap there and something for the weatherstripping to mount to.

The 26" extension will give a 118" WB which is right about the same as the JK 4 dr so it should still be wheelable.

I will be using a 97 explorer with efi and rjm harness which is all in the garage, trans I am contemplating 3 options, either a 4r70w and np205 which I have or possibly going with a divorced setup to make it so the rear drive shaft isnt 5 feet long and would allow for a good belly pan to be used (as I'll need it). Also contemplating a zf/203/205 setup like I have in mine right now as I am really happy with it and the gear ranges...and I love a manual trans. Currently looking for a D60 front and 14blt rear as I want to go straight to 1 tons on it.

Anyways, those are my thoughts as of now, hoping to start working on the stretch next month.

I attached a modified 4 door to show about what the dimensions will be with the 26" door. The second pic is my photoshop version if I modified the rear quarter section to do the 4dr. Doing it this way would take a LOT more work though and so I scrapped it. It does look good though but would only be a 4 seater still. You can see the half cab version above ^

Attachments

• 4doormodify1.jpg
    4doormodify1.jpg
    238.5 KB · Views: 225
  • stretched4door2.jpg
    stretched4door2.jpg
    207.6 KB · Views: 262
Last edited:

Pretty-N-Pink

Loc.
Clackamas,Oregon

Haha, that 3rd pic of the green one exists only in my husbands mind! its a photoshop creation of something he'd like to do

Dan74Bronc

Loc.
Chandler, Az
Dang...duped again!

I really like it though. The shorter rear door looks way better. I'm not down with the suicide door hinges being so close together, too much potential door sag.

OP
OP
broncosilver

broncosilver

Loc.
springhill fl.
dang titto, i think you stole half my brain! i have a redneck photoshop of my truck with around 29" doors. (redneck photoshop= scissors and scotch tape...lol) the idea also being able to use the door inners. i never concidered cutting the lower door around the wheel well thou. i love it!! thanks for the intrest. it looks looks like a four door has a good review.

behemoth

Bronco Guru
for your rear suicide doors or any doors look at the hinges on the ford focus zx3 the doors are heavy and the hinges are solid. They would in my mind make a good replacement and provide hidden hinges.

HoosierDaddy

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Haha, that 3rd pic of the green one exists only in my husbands mind! its a photoshop creation of something he'd like to do

DANG !!:cry:
I saw that and thought , " I gotta have one of those".

All I really need is a shop , tools , time , parts and a whole shit load of time and money .... That reminds me , I need to go get more Lotto tickets.:cool:

deltarat

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Drew,Ms

That's what women don't understand about men. All great things started in the mind of a genius...lol...

I love the 1/2 cab or 2 1/2 cab one.

Hey there genius, we need a DETAILED build of yours. I may try it one day.
Bill