• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

ebay fiberglass - anyone know anything about these?

1975stroppebaja

Bronco Guru
His feedback sucks.

It would be best if you were local and could have a look before buying.

Devin

Bronco Kineticist
I saw one guy who bought an ebay glass hood at the meet-n-greet in NM this year. He was very disappointed with the hood, which had warped severely after only having it installed for a few months. I am not sure if he got it from this guy, but I would be wary of going "cheaper" on a glass hood.

ryoungbronco

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Belmar, NJ
I would be wary of going "cheaper" on a glass hood.

x2. From the pictures the hood doesn't look reinforced in the corners like the name brand type. When buying parts don't rush in to get a cheap look alike. Wait and save your money until you can get the real thing, you'll be happier that you did;) . Ask me how I know.

70_Steve

Old Guy
Certainly, for inserts, talk to Mike at Bronco Design. He is the originator of the one-piece inserts, and his prices can hardly be beat. Plus, he's a member on here! I bought his inserts earlier this year, and can vouch for the quality.

Oh, and Welcome!!!!

j.blakeslee

Bronco Guru
Loc.
NASSUA NY
Certainly, for inserts, talk to Mike at Bronco Design. He is the originator of the one-piece inserts, and his prices can hardly be beat. Plus, he's a member on here! I bought his inserts earlier this year, and can vouch for the quality.

Oh, and Welcome!!!!

x2 on Bronco Design's inserts...I won a set at thr round up and there made very well.

ManTruck

Bronco Guru
X4 on Mikes also,............ great product, price and service.

Pa PITT

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Stephenville TEXAS
The 1st thing I thought was where are the supports to keep it from bouncing
..But I sure like the looks of the scoop being the size of the factory raised area.

jamesonfd

I have one, but it's still in the garage. Quality seems okay; don't know about fit yet. One problem was packaging for shipping. Now, I live in Hawaii....but the vertical packing on a 2-foot footprint pallet made the shipping charges a good bit more than I expected. I'll post when it's on.