• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Has anyone bought fiberglass inserts on ebay from seller "Poncho!"

BROwN COw

I am close to buying some of the one piece inserts and he seems to have the best price, but I would like to ask someone who has already bought some from him and tried the fitment of them before I commit.

OP
OP
BROwN COw

BROwN COw

Well, looks like I just did.

I'll let yall know how they work out.

dblue351

I bought one of the hoods he sells but was able to pick it up in San Diego so it was even cheaper. The quality is about what I would have expected for the price. I will put it that way....

Rockrawl

Loc.
San Antonio, TX
Good to know, thanks for posting. I'm sure I'll destroy mine on a rock someday and will be looking for less expensive replacements...maybe he'll still be around.

FordFanStan

Loc.
Imperial Beach, Ca.
I tried searching for him, but I couldn't find anything to do with Broncos from " Poncho " " Poncho! " or " "Poncho!" "? If he is in SD I would like to go check them out in person. Anyone have his contact info? FFS

mattt

Bronco Guru
It actually fit pretty well. The quality of the fiberglass was poor.. But it does the job on a trail rig....

What was poor about the fiberglass? I picked up one of the hoods a few months back, and mine seems pretty good, but I don't know much about fiberglass. I've heard the same thing about the hoods, but it was from someone who bought one a few years ago. Apparently he has beefed them up vs. how he was making them a few years back.

This guy's shop is not in San Diego. He is in Mexico. He has a freight forwarding warehouse just over the border(Otay Mesa area) where you pick the stuff up.

OP
OP
BROwN COw

BROwN COw

I will post on here about the quality of my inserts as soon as I get them. From others comments on epay though, it may be a while.

markatherton

Sponsor/Vendor
Bronco Guru
inserts.

I have a set of these inserts on a 66 U13 roadster I just finished. The fiberglass is good quality. Fit is good. You can come look if you want. Mark in San Diego 619 997-9954

whitsend

Loc.
Boyne City, MI.
Inser

I have a set of these inserts on a 66 U13 roadster I just finished. The fiberglass is good quality. Fit is good. You can come look if you want. Mark in San Diego 619 997-9954

Do they come with all mounting hardware or are there other pieccs one must buy to install them? thanks much.

Whitsend