• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

engine balancing is it necessary for a mild 5.0

fordguy

Contributor
Bronco Guru
okay engine builders i am building a mild 5.0 bucks are getting short i have a set of reconditioned rods, crank is freshly turned, new pistons, new balancer, and a new flexplate i have had other ford engines that weren't balanced that did have vibrations need your advice before i spend the 275.00 to get the rotating assembly balanced keep in mind none of these parts match

TJK74

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Newark CA
Yes get it done. $275 now will be well worth it down the road to not have an everlasting vibration that annoys the hell out of you and robs power and engine longevity. I know its more money but cheap insurance not to have to tear it all apart again for an inbalance problem;)

OP
OP
F

fordguy

Contributor
Bronco Guru
well that is what i was thinking but i needed somebody to push me over the edge

bmc69

Contributor
Bronco Guru
x 2, Always a good idea for any engine build. They are not balanced as well from the factory as what you will get from a good all-component balance job done by a skilled technician.

BTW, $275 is almost $100 more than the 'going rate' around here in MD, even for a full race balance which requires more time spent on the rods.

TJK74

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Newark CA
bmc69 said:
BTW, $275 is almost $100 more than the 'going rate' around here in MD, even for a full race balance which requires more time spent on the rods.

Wish that was the case out here in CA. $275 would be concidered cheap by most standards%)

OP
OP
F

fordguy

Contributor
Bronco Guru
that is the price from my machine shop they are farming it out so i may be paying a handling fee i may take it and have it done myself