• Be EXTREMELY cautious if someone offers to buy your Bronco for more than your asking price and sight unseen. ESPECIALLY if the buyer is overseas. It's probably a scam.

Discuss it more here:
    http://classicbroncos.com/forums/showthread.php?p=514932
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

AL explorer serpentine conversion

Status
Not open for further replies.

bronco loco

It never ends
Loc.
Long Island New York
Why not buy an entire explorer 5.0 motor and use a carburetor, that is what I did to mine about five years ago.
Better yet, buy the tranny also, you may decide to eventually do the 4r70w conversion.

OP
OP
Alabama-Fatboy
What year model explorer did you use? I can't decide which way to go. I thought coyote at on time. Not sure I want to spend that much for the engine. Tell me about your setup.

bronco loco

It never ends
Loc.
Long Island New York
I bought a 98 explorer engine and mated it to the c4 for a while. I used the bronco stock manifolds after shaving for the p-type heads. I used an edelbrock carb intake manifold and a street avenger 570. For dizzy I used an 85 mustang gt 5 speed manual tranny, because it has steel gear for the explorer motor. For ignition I am using the HEI 4 point module.
I have some pictures of the set up in my garage.

Status
Not open for further replies.