• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

First Ford/My intro/My build thread- current: Test drive/MPG figured/pictures

OP
OP
adnedarn

adnedarn

Test drive!! 46 miles each way. 7 gallons of fuel = 13mpg city driving up to the top of the mountain (Summer Haven) approx 3200ft above sea level to approx 8000ft. Ran great, got 4 complements and sun burned my knee... haha!

P4020111.JPG

P4020112.JPG

edit: the trip taken is below, plus we took a couple side roads and pull offs.

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&sou...62,-110.863724&spn=0.230012,0.445976&t=h&z=12

Last edited:

g8rb8t

Bronco Guru
Is that the Rampage soft top? I've got an old STC I'm running and really wish that Rampage would come out with the "Diamond Material" in white....

Also, just curious, what are the snaps at the top of the door with teh black vinyl attached?

Looks great man, keep up the good work!

OP
OP
adnedarn

adnedarn

Yes, it is the Rampage top. so far, I've had no problem with it... and it is outside all the time, but it's not got too much age on it yet either (Oct. 2010)

You talking about the silver button on the back side of the door where the white stops? That's actually the back side of a stud, the other side has a wing nut which holds the vertical assembly for holding the window. I think you are supposed to take this piece off when you take the windows out, but I leave them so it keeps the top of the window area tucked in instead of flapping around in the wind.

IMG_2814.JPG

PS I know the wires for the wiper motor/dome light suck.. but the brand new motor is failed and I need to replace the windshield frame... so I'm holding off on doing all the wires nicely until I get those things done ;)

Thanks for the complements!
Andrew

g8rb8t

Bronco Guru
Actually I meant on the door below the window...looks like a row of snaps for material that goes inside the truck (along the base of the window line)....

OP
OP
adnedarn

adnedarn

Oh... that's not related to the top. The guy prior me removed the window frames and so he had these pads made to cover up the window hole. Makes it nice to rest your arm on heh I guess he made them snap on in case you ever needed to have a replacement made?
Andrew

OP
OP
adnedarn

adnedarn

Been a while since an update, nothing really new cept for...

Happy Halloween From the Rag Doll family!

643987_10151237260861505_994218080_n.jpg