• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Ford Disc brakes and chevy 1 ton tie rods

hankjr

Contributor
Bronco Guru
howdy. so ive come across a set of f 150 knuckles out disc set up. they have been reamed for chevy 1 ton ties. Any idea if ties of this size interfere with 15x8 baja slots and no wheel spacers? If i remember reading correctly, the f150 knuckles have greater clearance for the u joints and generally stonger than the chevy disc conversion. Im assuming a cusotm length tie rod and drag link woudl need tpo be fabbed and the Ford pitman arm reamed to also adapt to the 1 ton size.The price isnt too bad on the set up, yet i dont want to really jump into another project based sub project if its not really worth the outcome.

Any ideas?

thanks

Hank

Doyle

Bronco Guru
I'm running the all Ford disk conversion on my 73. 78 F150 knuckles, caliper brackets, hubs and rotors. I decided to go with the T-bird calipers. My one ton setup is tie rod over and everything clears fine. My rims are 10" wide with 3 5/8" backspacing. Your backspacing may be the biggest factor whither it works or not, and yes the pitman arm has to be reamed.

t120r

The only problem I had with the 1-ton conversion was a bit of rubbing on the track bar bolt.