• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Ford to sell Mustang Boss 302 as a crate engine

willtel

That is a hefty premium over the standard 5.0 that sells for $6999.

After figuring out my mileage this past weekend I'm waiting for them to offer the Ecoboost V6.

rwill

Speaking of the EC BOOST has anybody heard any real world reports?

Broncitis

MEB Founder
Cool, but I think for that amount of coin you could build something with a much better torque curve for an EB and even more power if wanted.

Always nice to have more FoMoCo choices though!

broncnaz

Bronco Guru
The 2011 5.0 they sell puts out 10 more ft lbs of torque than that boss and is $5k less. niether of which I would want in a bronco. I dont even want to know how much the wiring harness and computer costs for either engine.
If Ford was smart they would do what GM does with there engine program and sell some lower cost crate engines without all the frills. Hell you cant even get a production style 302 or 351 anymore the closest thing they have is a reconditioned 306. I think if they would offer bone stock 5.0 and 5.8's they would sell a lot of them.

broncoitis

Bronco Guru
Say what you will about the cost of the engine, but that thing is pretty SWEET LOOKIN!!!!

For that price it better come with the harness and computer! :eek:

HotWheels

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Twilight Zone
Omgomgomg!!! Just in time....that my friends is going into my new bronco!!!!

Tyvm for posting it!!!!

;d

well, I'll discuss it with Chuck anyways....

backpain

Bronco Guru
Crate 351-based for less will pay for the other mods necessary. For close in price a crate LSx ($8k)* with all necessary electronics and $$ room for most if not all the install mods . . .

...or heck, a 460 for that matter.

This one only makes sense if you want the Boss and/or want the 302, which I acknowledge, for some, is desired.

Good to know regardless. Would make for some good decals and paint schemes that you could back up!

All this talk about bigger motors. . . Oh, crap, 100mi on my engine, haven't had the EB back together in 2 yrs, and I already want to go out and get a new engine! "Hi, my name is Backpain, and I'm an addict."

* Part# 19244805 The E-ROD kit features a 6.2-liter LS3 crate engine, rated at 430 horsepower and 424 lb.-ft. of torque. It also includes a GMPP LS3 engine wiring harness, GMPP engine control module, Exhaust manifolds, catalytic converters, oxygen sensors and sensor bosses, fuel tank evaporative emissions canister, mass airflow sensor and sensor boss, accelerator pedal (for use with the LS3’s electronic throttle), air filter, and a full instruction manual.

Attachments

• 5-4-2011 10-33-49 AM.png
    5-4-2011 10-33-49 AM.png
    96.9 KB · Views: 33
Last edited: