• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Fordfuelinjection.com Harness

mlogan24

Bronco Guru
Hey guys,

I hadn't been able to get ahold of Ryan to check on my harness status. Just wanted to check and see if anyone has received their's or if they know of any delays? Ryan-you lurking the board?;D

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I know they had been delayed for awhile, but don't know the current status so for that you'll have to wait for Ryan.
But my buddy did get his some time ago as he was one of the first to order and pay for his. Can't remember for sure, but it's been about a month now though it was quite a while in comming.
Very sweet setup. Looks factory, only better. Know what I mean?

Paul

OP
OP
mlogan24

mlogan24

Bronco Guru
Thanks for the info, I have been hearing good stuff about it. I was just concerned cause the last thing I heard from Ryan was like 3 weeks ago, and he said it was going out in a couple days. He did say he was going to show mine to Chuck at BC. I wonder if it didn't get stalled there and lost in transit?

I am way stoked about getting it though.

;D

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Yeah, he's a busy guy these days. I thought they all came through Chuck's but really don't know the particulars. All I know is that I get to install it for my bud just as soon as we get the time. Fun Fun.

Paul

heylouie00

Paul,

I've been gathering EFI parts & I sent an e-mail to Ryan a few days ago about ordering a harness...haven't heard back yet...

Maybe you could send me an e-mail when you are doing the install so I could help/watch/learn/etc.

Thanks,

--Craig

Blue71

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Guys,

I am planning on going to a '90 Mustang 5.0 EFI motor. Will this harness work with that conversion? If so , can you tell me more about it and how it works. Is it different than the factory 5.0 harness? Easier install?

Thanks Much,

Blue71

trailpsycho

Bronco Guru
Ryans harness contains all you would need for your 90 setup and eliminates a few things that you dont need. Its also the correct length for your truck and its all new wires connectors and loom. Check out his website at www.fordfuelinjection.com , last time I was there there was even a installation manual for the new harness....gives you an idea on how easy/complicated you think it will be for your to do. Good luck wiht your donor. I have been window shopping....money, money, money! My wife doesnt call it the money pit for nothing

70_Steve

Old Guy
Blue71 said:
I am planning on going to a '90 Mustang 5.0 EFI motor. Will this harness work with that conversion? If so , can you tell me more about it and how it works. Is it different than the factory 5.0 harness? Easier install?
I'm in the "gathering" stage of my EFI conversion as well.

Check Ryan's harness out at Ford Fuel Injection.com . Ryan sells a Bronco-specific harness designed for the 88-93 mass-air fuel injection. It's a brand new harness, not a reworked 5.0 harness. Yes.. it should be easier to install. He has a link to his installation manual on his site also.

Trigger

I bought his harness during the mass buy here. I highly recommend it. It was very easy to install. Like Trailpyscho said it is all brand new. If you are running a Centech harness it takes 3 wires to tie into you original harness and if you have the stock harness there is an adapter plug to plug into the original harness. Best harness out there for this conversion.
Trigger

Blue71

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Have you guys that have gone with the 89-93 5.0 EFI had any problems? I am gonna run this one on the street. Trying to get an idea of how much, if any trouble I am going to run into to get this thing to run right. Some people are telling me to go carb(mostly trail guys that say it is hard to fix on the trail). I have always wanted the 5.0 Mustang EFI Mass Air setup. JUst don't wanna have a headache with reliability. Any thought? Can you guys tell a big difference in the way the 5.0 mustang EFI runs as compared with the stock 302's. Hint...this is a loaded question where you tell me how great it is and how you wouldn't ever do carb again;D

Thanks Much,

Sorry to hack this post. I appreciate the help very much,

Thanks Much,

Blue71

CodeeB

Loc.
Atlanta
I've had my harness for almost a month hope to install it next weekend. Looking at the harness and the manual it looks to be really easy to install. It is really well built.

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
heylouie00 said:
Paul,

Maybe you could send me an e-mail when you are doing the install so I could help/watch/learn/etc.

Thanks,

--Craig

Absolutely. The more hands, the better. Usually. Shoot me an e-mail at pabra1@aol.com so I can keep yours on file. I don't know yet when we will get started, but I don't think Jerry's going to wait too long. We've been cleaning out the garage and organizing tools for some time now in anticipation. So I'll let you know.

Paul

OP
OP
mlogan24

mlogan24

Bronco Guru
My thread got hijacked;D so I just wanted to send it ttt one more time. Anyone know what's going on with Ryan? I've pm'd him and e-mail'd but heard nothing back yet.

Chuck-have you talked with him recently? Did you shop ever receive my harness?

Thanks!

66horse

Bronco Guru
mlogan24 said:
My thread got hijacked;D so I just wanted to send it ttt one more time. Anyone know what's going on with Ryan? I've pm'd him and e-mail'd but heard nothing back yet.

Chuck-have you talked with him recently? Did you shop ever receive my harness?

Thanks!

I emailed Ryan today to ask him about the status of my harness. He got back to me today with a Tracking number. My harness went out Fedex today and should get here this week!!!! Yahooo!

OP
OP
mlogan24

mlogan24

Bronco Guru
Damn-well I guess I must have used the wrong e-mail or something?? Anyways, thanks for the help, I'll just try again. Let him know I'm trying to get ahold of him;D