• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Frame off 1/2 inch

LHardin

This is exactly what I’m afraid of. I’ll play around with measuring. But on this one I’m not super concerned with perfect body gaps. I have another frame that measures true. But I’d like to build the nice bronco on that, which will probably never happen honestly. But the frame is also worth a small savings account if needed.

Thus the reason I really don’t want to use that one and its title. Then I would basically be giving up a bronco. I’m learning body work on this current one. So there’s no way it’s gonna be great. Let alone perfect.
You can always put this in the back burner so when you get more time and a little extra cash you can take it to a shop and have the frame straightened.

OP
OP
joshua

joshua

Contributor
You can always put this in the back burner so when you get more time and a little extra cash you can take it to a shop and have the frame straightened.
I was thinking it might be easier with the body and bumper back on to get it straight.

After staring at it for hours I think the dent in the frame has caused it to twist a little as well. Only from the horn and maybe 5 inches back. I’m thinking about trying a portapower attachment inside the rail to try and push that dent out.

Maybe even a little heat as it’s on the passenger side that carries very little load.

LHardin

I was thinking it might be easier with the body and bumper back on to get it straight.

After staring at it for hours I think the dent in the frame has caused it to twist a little as well. Only from the horn and maybe 5 inches back. I’m thinking about trying a portapower attachment inside the rail to try and push that dent out.

Maybe even a little heat as it’s on the passenger side that carries very little load.
That could do the trick. If you have the ability to weld, you can always cut out the bend and weld in a new section. If you do replace the damaged section, be sure to weld in some gussets for added strength and peace of mind that it won't bend while driving off road.

You got this.

OP
OP
joshua

joshua

Contributor
That could do the trick. If you have the ability to weld, you can always cut out the bend and weld in a new section. If you do replace the damaged section, be sure to weld in some gussets for added strength and peace of mind that it won't bend while driving off road.

You got this.
I do have that ability. And not sure why I didn’t think of that. But that’s why I come here. I’ll try and get it with out cutting. But might just be the ticket. Thanks!

LHardin

I do have that ability. And not sure why I didn’t think of that. But that’s why I come here. I’ll try and get it with out cutting. But might just be the ticket. Thanks!
It's all good. that's what friends are for.