• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

frameless door with soft top upper

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Pretty slick. Don't remember seeing anyone mention that they've used them. Even though we like BroncoDesign stuff, I don't remember seeing much talk about it.
Is it a relatively new part?

Even if not, it's a somewhat low-volume need part too I would think. Most people are still going to be using their stock door frame.

I like it though. Serves a good purpose for those that need it. Way to get those removable uppers we always lusted after from the earlier models.

Hopefully someone here has them and will chime in.

Paul

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Nobody yet, eh?
Have you talked to anyone elsewhere about them yet?

Meanwhile, back to the top...

Paul

Deano

Bronco Guru
I like the bronco design ones but I don't have a set I made mine before they came out with them

daddycreswell

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Lebanon, TN
Hmm, those are a lot different than the ones pictured on their site. I'm surprised these aren't more popular. Perhaps because most folks with the later year doors would have to cut their window frame out in order to remove (unlike the earlier years with removable frame).

The reason the pictures are different than the video is because they offer 2 different style, ones on video roll up with fixed vent window, ones on site the clear window lays down.

I came very very close to whacking my window frames off Saturday with a sawzall and just going without any window, only drive mine when it's nice anyway. I was trying to put so vent windows in and I was having a h*ll of a time. I can feel the spot welds on mine to drill them out to remove them. If these were a little cheaper I would order them right now and get to chopping tonight, but price is a little high for me.

Blue Bastard

Bronco Guru
You would need to drill spot welds and the welds at the top of the door/bottom of frame on the non removable.

These are sweet. Mine is a 68, so i can swap back and forth. But with later year doors you are commited once you drill the weld and such. I do like the no window frame look so this is a perfect set up for that.

Daddy, heres my creation after deciding not to matabo the frames apart.
http://classicbroncos.com/forums/showthread.php?t=225103&highlight=window+mod

daddycreswell

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Lebanon, TN
You would need to drill spot welds and the welds at the top of the door/bottom of frame on the non removable.

These are sweet. Mine is a 68, so i can swap back and forth. But with later year doors you are commited once you drill the weld and such. I do like the no window frame look so this is a perfect set up for that.

Daddy, heres my creation after deciding not to matabo the frames apart.
http://classicbroncos.com/forums/showthread.php?t=225103&highlight=window+mod

Nice BB, what I meant to say was I can't feel the spot welds on the door, everything has been smoothed and painted over it feels like, so I don't.

Spartan

Loc.
Backwoods, KS
Hmm, those are a lot different than the ones pictured on their site. I'm surprised these aren't more popular. Perhaps because most folks with the later year doors would have to cut their window frame out in order to remove (unlike the earlier years with removable frame).

I REALLY like that set-up buts its pretty pricey for me having to cut-off my window frames, That's pretty much whats stopping me, I hate my window frames with the top off, but if I hack my frames, no more windows and it snows here in KS, gets cold here to.
Guess I could try to find some earlier doors...

xcntrk

Bronco Guru
Loc.
NOVA
I love my 66 doors with removable window frame. 4 bolts and the entire thing lifts out... :)

OP
OP
beerad

beerad

Loc.
rochester mn
I wonder how they would work with a hard top???..Im going to do it!!!!!!!!!!! really like the look!!

Crawdad

Bronco Guru
Post pics

I wonder how they would work with a hard top???..Im going to do it!!!!!!!!!!! really like the look!!

I'd suggest getting in touch with Mike,owner of Bronco Designs. Great guy to work with and I bet he has pics of them installed. We all want to see pics of them coming out of the box!