• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Front Bilstein 5100 series shock for 2.5" lift with hoops

Embra0608

I have not been able to locate the part number for Bilstein 5100 series front shocks with front hoops. I'll be running a 2.5" suspension lift and will need the eye-eye configuration on the shock. Thank you in advance for the help!

OP
OP
E

Embra0608

Also, I forgot to mention I'll be running the stock replacement Trex arms from James Duff. Thanks again!

rguest3

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Take measurements of the upper and lower Shock mounts at full droop and compression.

Go to Bilstein catalog and find custom installation. The Shocks will be listed as 5125s.

You would compare your measurements to the extension and compressed measurements of the Shocks listed.

T-Rex arms with a hoop may be pretty close to a stock length shock.

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
And depending on the length, you might expect to come up short in the more desirable (for the front of a Bronco) 360/80 valving department. There are not that many, so there are sometimes a missing number that would fit your application.
And why some of us continue to run dual shocks on those hoops!

Paul