• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Front Disc Brake hose fitting and bracket fit

dave67fd

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Have a few questions on mating of the SS front disc brake hose to hardline as well as correct fitment to the bracket.

What have others done?
1. cut off and flare the larger fitting (7/16?) on the hardline and swap to smaller (1/4" ) fitting to fit the hose end or Use and adapter or other?

2. The hose end coupler doesn't fit in the stock (71) bracket. Change or modify bracket or change to a different hose? Are there different brackets used on the 76/77?

These are the SS front lines I have.
http://shop.broncograveyard.com/Stainless-Steel-Outer-Brake-Lines-1976-77-Disk/productinfo/12539/

And these are the hardlines I have
http://shop.broncograveyard.com/Front-Axle-Brake-Lines-Pair-Stainless-Steel/productinfo/12515S/

If the picture in the link is correct, it looks like these would be more correct (71.5 to 75)
http://shop.broncograveyard.com/Front-Axle-Brake-Lines-Pair-Stainless-Steel/productinfo/12514S/#

Attachments

• IMG_0896.jpg
    IMG_0896.jpg
    75.8 KB · Views: 52
  • IMG_0899.jpg
    IMG_0899.jpg
    66.1 KB · Views: 45
  • IMG_0900.jpg
    IMG_0900.jpg
    57.1 KB · Views: 46

pcf_mark

Bronco Guru
I moved the mounting ear on the frame lower and closer to the diff then I could use a stock length hose. Then I made new metal lines the right length but I needed them because the old ones twisted off. My frame brackets I made from 1" angle iron and punched new holes in them.

savage

Contributor
Bronco Nut
Loc.
Renton
This is how I did mine. I used the same brackets that held the old flex lines from the drum brakes. I made my own hard line, I bought hard lines from autozone. My disk brake conversion is the chevy one, is yours ford or the chevy disk brake?

Attachments

• DSCN0276.jpg
    DSCN0276.jpg
    77.7 KB · Views: 64
  • DSCN0275.jpg
    DSCN0275.jpg
    70.6 KB · Views: 61
  • DSCN0274.jpg
    DSCN0274.jpg
    69.5 KB · Views: 60
  • DSCN0273.jpg
    DSCN0273.jpg
    70.5 KB · Views: 56
  • DSCN0272.jpg
    DSCN0272.jpg
    60.5 KB · Views: 51
Last edited:
OP
OP
dave67fd

dave67fd

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I have the Chevy conversion. I want mine to look like yours. It looks like your flex line fits the bracket and looks to have the same end as the stock hose to fit the bracket.

hucklburry rev2

I have the rubber lines,used a 5/8 fine thread nut to hold the line onto the bracket, plumbed hard line to the internal threads.

hankjr

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Hey Dave. No pics but I drilled out the bracket to accept the larger dia threads of the flex hose. I think I moved to inside of bumper plate as well but don't recall why. I think we opened up bracket on Petes rig when we wrenched on it that day. I gave him the hoses that came with my kit and each had the big but mentioned above to hold in place. I got hosed made by a hose shop in Londonderry because I could get smaller banjo fittings from them and he suggested to tack weld hose end to the bracket. I haven't decided if I'm doing that or not.

Hank

OP
OP
dave67fd

dave67fd

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Thanks all for how you you handled it.
I'll figure out if I want to cut and reflare the tube end or purchase the earlier set and maybe i'll look for a nut to thread on the bulkhead.