• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Front roll bar and Ebrake, anyone have a good idea for making this easier??

Hnrys69

Bronco Guru
I have heard of bending the pedal, or angling it toward the passenger side more, has anyone done either with success??? Got pics??<br><br>I dont want to hear or see the car type ones with the pull lever as I have a tuffy box. I am intested in factory pedal ebrake designs.,.<br><br>Thanks<br><br>-Andy

flint_knapper

BRONCO GOD
Loc.
Harvest, AL
I didn't have to modify anything accept the glove box<br>which was cut out and flipped over. I don't a problem<br>reaching the e-brake pedal. Oh I also removed the dash pad didn't have to do that but I like the way it open the dash up with more room. the only thing that is effected <br>is the vent windows I can only open them about 1/4 of the way.

OP
OP
Hnrys69

Hnrys69

Bronco Guru
I have had this roll bar forever in the front, but the Ebrake bracket broke on me, Im thinking because of the angle, its not rusty at all so its not that. Hoping for a proven good design as the stock location has failed on me. My rollbar padding was all messed up from my foot always having to rub to hit the ebrake..

4byford

Loc.
Yucca Valley CA
I have a similar problem. I have a Tuffy console and the PO removed the e brake pedal assembly entirely due to interference with the cage. I haven't done this yet, but I plan get an underdash T-handle type E brake and put it under the dash on the L side of the steering column between the column and cage. These are available in the junkyard on early to mid 60s Ford trucks and 80s/90s small foreign pickups. To actuate, it pulls straight out on a ratchet mechanism; to release the T handle is twisted and then pushed back in. It lives out of the way under the dash when not needed. I will let you know what works when I get to that project...

Bronconut

I don't have any pics, but what I did was heated the e-brake pedal up. And about half way up the pedal arm, I bent it towards the pass side almost a 45 degree angle. I have had it like this for at least 6-7 years with no problems. The only problem I could see is if you have a manual tranny, the e-brake may end up a little too close to the clutch pedal. Mine is auto so I don't have this problem.<br><br>Hope this makes sense!

J-DUB

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Edmonds
[quote author=4byford link=board=5;threadid=14061;start=0#105719 date=1044529870]<br>I have a similar problem. I have a Tuffy console and the PO removed the e brake pedal assembly entirely due to interference with the cage. I haven't done this yet, but I plan get an underdash T-handle type E brake and put it under the dash on the L side of the steering column between the column and cage. These are available in the junkyard on early to mid 60s Ford trucks and 80s/90s small foreign pickups. To actuate, it pulls straight out on a ratchet mechanism; to release the T handle is twisted and then pushed back in. It lives out of the way under the dash when not needed. I will let you know what works when I get to that project...<br>[/quote]<br><br>I had that style on my Nissan truck and was thinking that if it was on the left side of the column that it may be in the way of getting into or out of the vehicle when the brake is applied, mine came out from the dash almost as far as the steering wheel did, and there is alot more dash on the Nissan then on a Bronco.<br><br>Just something to consider.

4byford

Loc.
Yucca Valley CA
Great point, J dub. I am looking for an Ebrake with the shortest stroke possible, and if necessary I will tuck it under the dash slightly and/or fabricate a mount which angles the handle and rod slightly upward. The goal is to have the handle not extend very far past the plane of the down leg of the roll cage when applied...<br>Still have some research to do with it.

Broncobowsher

Total hack
I took my E-brake off when I got it. The cables were wasted and the bracket broken. But what I noticed was that you can remove the 1 bolt at the front that holds it to the dash. bend the whole bracket toward the center of the truck. Drill 1 new hole and bolt it back in.<br><br>No cutting, No welding, about as easy as it gets.<br><br>If I ever put the E-brake back in, that's what I plat to do.