• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Glove Box door found with VIN at swap meet

Grasshopper

I found a bronco glove box with a VIN plate at a swap meet. Anyone know how I can look up the title info? Could I possible get a lost title for it?

Broncobowsher

Total hack
You didn't buy a VIN, you bought a felony.
Considering how many states are using the VIN stamped in the frame to title a vehicle the glovebox lid is not going to get you anything except investigated if you try and get a title for it.

OP
OP
Grasshopper

Grasshopper

Thanks! I really needed a glove box door, so I was just curious. I have a titled Bronco. Not trying to get away with anything. I have a used frame it has been sandblasted and Por-15'ed Not sure how anyone could ever read the VIN on that.

JGbronc

Bronco Maniac
You could post the VIN in case anyone has the matching frame. They would probably want the tag.

FordBronc

Contributor
Bronco's, yea I have a couple.
Loc.
Polk County, Missouri
Thanks! I really needed a glove box door. I have a titled Bronco. I have a used frame it has been sandblasted and Por-15'ed. Not sure how anyone could ever read the VIN on that.

That vin stamped area on the frame should of been protected when sand blasting and PO15 ing..

So when you bought your titled Bronco you DID ck the frame vi# to match the paper title VI#? Since it obviously did not have a glove box door with the warrenty plate/AKA a VIN plate to double ck?

Did or do you have the B pillar Safety Certification Sticker AKA the white sticker on the door post? If you have all the info that goes on the glove box tag you might be able to get a matching replacement from these folks? http://www.martiauto.com/tags.cfm

OP
OP
Grasshopper

Grasshopper

My Titled Bronco is all numbers matching and original. I was just talking about the Glove Box door I found. The Frame I bought from a guy off here last year to repair a rear section of my original Bronco, so don't care about being able to read that VIN.

AxlesUp

Loc.
Collierville TN
here you can look up the owner. then send a certified letter to the address the county has on file. if they don't answer to claim the "abandoned vehicle" within a set time frame they issue you a clean title for said vehicle.

as you might notice from the above comments every state/county is different.

Timmy390

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Conway, AR
I just ran a vin through NICB that I know was an insurance total loss and buyback.

1G1XXXXXXXXXXXX has not been identified as a vehicle listed in the VINCheckSM Total Loss Records.

Tim

rydog1130

Sponsor/Vendor
Bronco Guru
I think it depends on what state your in as title laws vary greatly from state to state. I believe in michigan you can apply for a lost vehicle title and you'll have a new title within 2-4 weeks. The problem with glovebox vins and titles is theft of other broncos and swapping out the box tags and re-selling them. I'm currently in a similar position where I have a section of a frame w/ matching vin number box door tag and title for a 69. I wanted a second project down the road and I thought this would work out great because it wouldn't take up any space. Well, I own a 69 now and I still have the tags, title and frame. The only way I would even consider selling it is if it was to some one I knew that didn't have malicious intent....good luck