• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Got a newbie question about building a bronco

faulkz

Loc.
savannah ga
Lets just say i wanted to start a project and piece it together from diff-broncos, what part of the vehicle is the title attached to, the frame or the tub.

Kyle.malone

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Norman, OK
The frame and glove box door. THere are two stamps on the frame on the passenger side.

Most tag agency's won't look for the frame VIN, but use just the glove box door.

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
After a certain year too, the driver's side door opening had a decal with the VIN identifier on it. Top of rear panel, above the striker plate.
I think it started showing up in about '69 without the VIN, then in late '70 or so, the VIN was printed on it as well.

I could have the timeline wrong, but either way, I guess that at some point they figured that something more permanent than a glovebox door tag was in order.
However, these decals deteriorate, get painted over and lost when doing body work, but that doesn't seem to deter many DMV's from registering the vehicles, so like Kyle say, the glovebox door is your friend.

If they get a little sticklish about things there in GA though, you might find they want to verify with the frame numbers. Heard of it happening, so worth noting.
With luck, you'll find a good glovebox door from the frame donor.

Paul

barronj

Bronco Guru
I would look in to the cobra clubs in the area, and see what they do for titling. Just google cobra forums in GA.

I'm in TX, and there was nothing on the glove box door, and they didn't ask to see any vin on the frame.

I didn't quite realize how much of a breeze it was for me until i read the stories here about what other states make you do.