• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Newbie got his first EB

OP
OP
DFWBroncoNewbie

DFWBroncoNewbie

That's too funny! Seems it wont pass inspection without getting the brakes (drum) and horn fixed. I mentioned to the wifey that I wanted to fix (replace) the radiator too and she was ok with it.

I haven't even mentioned to her that I haven't gotten to the disc brake kit or the Vintage Air.... This will be a LONG summer since this will be my daily driver starting in Aug....

Has anyone ever bought a car in GA before? I'm wondering how long it will take to get the title...

Revelation

Bronco Guru
I have been busted a couple times by the wife. She will bring the package in the house and set it on the kitchen table and then you get the LOOK.

I got one I have used for that.
"WOW Bax said he had the part, did not know he was getting me a new one!"

And DFWBroncoNewbie
My name is Revelation, I am a Broncoholic, now you are too!
Here is a ton of pics of your rig.

Attachments

• 20172_41.jpg
    20172_41.jpg
    65.2 KB · Views: 55
  • 20172_02.jpg
    20172_02.jpg
    63.3 KB · Views: 54
  • 20172_03.jpg
    20172_03.jpg
    70 KB · Views: 54
  • 20172_04.jpg
    20172_04.jpg
    55.9 KB · Views: 51
  • 20172_07.jpg
    20172_07.jpg
    58 KB · Views: 53
  • 20172_15.jpg
    20172_15.jpg
    45.8 KB · Views: 52
  • 20172_19.jpg
    20172_19.jpg
    55 KB · Views: 49
  • 20172_34.jpg
    20172_34.jpg
    45 KB · Views: 48
  • 20172_24.jpg
    20172_24.jpg
    52.4 KB · Views: 48
  • 20172_16.jpg
    20172_16.jpg
    64.6 KB · Views: 44
  • 20172_44.jpg
    20172_44.jpg
    36.9 KB · Views: 43
  • 20172_43.jpg
    20172_43.jpg
    29.5 KB · Views: 43
Last edited:

shamu

Lucky as the day is long.
Loc.
Sachse,Tx
That's too funny! Seems it wont pass inspection without getting the brakes (drum) and horn fixed. I mentioned to the wifey that I wanted to fix (replace) the radiator too and she was ok with it.

I haven't even mentioned to her that I haven't gotten to the disc brake kit or the Vintage Air.... This will be a LONG summer since this will be my daily driver starting in Aug....

Has anyone ever bought a car in GA before? I'm wondering how long it will take to get the title...

Get a green tag first at your local inspection place and the title takes about 4 weeks. If you decided on antique plates read up on them first.

OP
OP
DFWBroncoNewbie

DFWBroncoNewbie

Thanks Guys, I'm really excited. Now I just have to fix the gas leak. Fixed the oil leak a few minutes ago, so I'm taking baby steps.

Revelation - Amen to that!!

JDJ

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Dothan
Congrats on the purchase of a sweet looking truck. If you have any questions at all..... post them on this site and search around on this site. The people on here are friendly and are willing to help out. I'm sure if you are having a problem with something....somebody else has already had that problem and can help you with it.

Welcome to the brotherhood

turbotim2

It doesn't have front disc brakes in it? I thought all 76-77's had them. Either way, nice looking ride! I am going to guess that the winch and huge bumper are probably contributing to your running hot condition. I agree with the others, get a better radiator!

OP
OP
DFWBroncoNewbie

DFWBroncoNewbie

Hey Turbo - nope. No front brakes for me. I just started looking at new radiators and all the posts regarding what kind/type/color etc etc on the forum board. It's pretty well covered topic...

OP
OP
DFWBroncoNewbie

DFWBroncoNewbie

Bronco update: Finally figured out why I hadn't received the title as of yet. Come to find out, the dealership didn’t own the truck and never did. The truck actually belongs to Manheim Auto Finance Services. I'm having to forward all my documentation to this institution to get the title free and clear. Total pain in the arse… Quick word of wording, DO NOT buy anything from this dealer. Stay away…

As that drama is going, I took the truck to Bartrax in Dallas TX. Josh (owner) is very down to Earth and his garage is a gear heads xanadu! Rock crawlers everywhere… They/we started tearing the truck down and found:
Rust that had been painted over in the floor pans
No brakes in the rear axle. I was aware they needed work, but once we cracked it open, there was nothing there, I mean nothing there - that’s right parts missing.
Repacking all the bearings
Redoing the electrical. Seems it was pieced together by random pieces of tape
Horn and blinkers are not functioning properly due to an issue in the steering column
And my fuel leak seems to be coming from a cracked tank in two places

I’m really surprised I made the drive back from GA to TX in one piece!

Good part is, I found out it already has a 4 core copper radiator, woo hoo....