• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Grant steering wheel adapter alternatives?

crutch

I’ve been through a couple turn signals assemblies and grant steering wheel adapters that have the horn contact springs and the copper ring where it makes contact. It’s a terrible design and it’s making noise now when I turn the wheel because of some internal grinding with those horn contacts. I need to find a new option. I do really like my grant steering wheel. Are there better options out there that will work with grant steering wheel? Or I may just find a whole new steering wheel and hub assembly. Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cooter_76

I'm 83% certain I got a hub/adapter from GT Performance for my Grant steering wheel: https://gtperformance.net/
I KNOW I got my horn button from them. It's a much better design. It was four years ago, and the only documentation I can find is the UPS tracking number. Worth checking with them.

75MIKE

Loc.
NE Washington
Thanks for that. I may have to give them a try with the installation kit. The Grant kit likes to squeak where the horn contact in the turn signal switch rubs against the copper plate. Tried grease and works for a while to quiet it.

OP
OP
crutch

crutch

Awesome! Thanks. This looks like a much better solution. Exactly what I was looking for.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk