• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Grant security removable steering wheel

gws34

So I am about to put my rig on the road for daily driving. I am in Arizona so running with no top. I want to add the security of a removable steering wheel and have read a few threads on here about them.

My question is I am running a stock 75 automatic column, but have a floor shifter. I eventually want to get a new column at some point, but probably not now. Will the Grant security wheel attach to a stock column or do I need to upgrade to a tilt wheel or other column to get this to attach. I looked on Jegs website and it does not show compatability with our Broncos. A few people on here have done it, what column will work or what adapters do I have to buy to make this work. Also what columns would people recommend.

I have a dizzy switch and Hood locking pins already installed. Any other security devices that people have and would recommend.

Thanks
Glen

toddz69

Sponsor/Vendor
Bronco Guru
I ran my Grant removable wheel on my stock column ('69) for several years before I went to a tilt. I don't remember having to purchase anything special to make it work.

Todd Z.

SteveL

Huge chevy guy
Loc.
Hawthorne ca
Should be fine on either column. At most you might need to buy a different mounting kit to change columns.

OP
OP
G

gws34

Thanks All,

I will let you know if I run into any issues.

Thanks
Glen

Rustytruck

Bronco Guru
I use a plastic coated cable and lock through my factory steering wheel and around the front leg tube of my roll cage. pretty easy to deal with, visual deterrent and you can crank the wheel over before locking it. I just couldn't picture myself carrying a steering wheel around every where i go.

Bronco4x4

I also like the idea of a removable steering wheel. I plan to use one on my current build. It also would be nice to get the wheel out of the way for maintenance and cleaning. I do use a cable lock on my current EB.