• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Grant Wheel Adapter and Canceling Cam

MIDEVIL214

I'm trying to fix a canceling cam issue that has been present for a while. The instructions for the Grant adapter (from Tom's) have you trim the two tabs on the canceling cam. Have any of you had to slide this cam slightly forward on the hub/adapter plate to have good contact with the turn signal switch? I can hear a click on the switch when I start my turn but have to go back and over correct quite a bit to get it to cancel. That's not guaranteed to work in all situations either. I'm 90% sure the tab section of the cam that I trimmed is at the 9 o clock position. Will verify that shortly. The turn signal switch is in good shape with only a few years of use. Would the smaller diameter steering wheel come into play at all here?

OP
OP
MIDEVIL214

MIDEVIL214

Solved: Cam was in the three o clock position, not nine. The instructions showed the cam clocked that way in an image but later mentioned 9 o clock.