• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Has anyone ever used this eBay brake setup?

cjohnson6772

Has anyone ever used this power brake setup off of eBay? I can't find a cheaper setup. I know that I will need to add the brake lines and proportioning valve as well.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-66-77-F...ash=item3d305c7416:g:NgEAAOSwnHZYdyU4&vxp=mtr

I think I have seen this eBay disc setup on here before, but any feedback is appreciated.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1974-Early-...ash=item48973fb401:g:GsYAAOSwPc9WxzWO&vxp=mtr

What else will I need to complete a power disc swap for a swap 1974 EB with factory locking hubs? I know I need a disc/drum proportioning valve, lines from master to prop valve, but what else?

Thank you in advance!

Jason72Bronco

I did install the disc brake conversion from horsepowersales. Install went fine, good instructions, and works great. The only issue I had, if I remember correctly, the outer bearings they sent were the wrong size. Correct size was easy pickup at parts store.

I did not use the bracket, booster and MC that you linked, but I did install the Wild Horses unit that looks very similar. I installed a JEGS prop valve. Here is a link detailing that install:

http://classicbroncos.com/forums/showthread.php?t=264498

Good luck....once finished you will love stopping!

Skiddy

Bronco Guru
a lot of people have used horsepower sales with great results. not sure on the brake booster and master cylinder, that is awful cheap. it is based off the chevy conversion, so you may not be able to get the snap ring on the spindle, no big deal though, many run without it. only other thing is check the clearance between the caliper and knuckle, you may have to grind it a bit. you may not need the prop valve either, I didn't with my conversion.

ramrick

Loc.
el paso
I installed this kit as well. I thought they had sent the wrong bearings as well but it just took a little bit of patience and turning......and they slid right in. You won't be needing the snap ring either. Pretty easy install. I did have to do a little bit of shaving(grinder) but I have the dana 30

thegreatjustino

Contributor
Red Head Grease Monkey
Loc.
Stockton, CA
That power brake setup is shown backwards. It would put the booster and MC into your engine. Probably just assembled wrong, but if you're selling Bronco parts it's probably in your best interest to show them correctly.

Jason72Bronco

FWIW, I did not have to grind the knuckles at all. There was just enough (1/8") clearance to the calipers. I have a Dana 44.

Also, I did install an adjustable prop valve because I figured why not when I was replacing everything, but honestly it is wide open (as though it is not there) and I've had no problem with rear lockup.

valveamp

Another "thumbs up" for the Horsepower Sales kit from eBay. I've installed 3 of them on different vehicles. No problems so far. All installs went well with no grinding required.