• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

HAVE YOU SEEN THIS BRONCO??? Trying to track down the one I sold in 2014...

Steve83

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Memphis, TN, USA, Earth, Milky Way
I'm looking for the 1975/2000 Eddie Bauer early Bronco that I built for a friend (naval aviator/veteran/FedEx pilot) who died suddenly a couple of years ago, and his oldest son (also a naval aviator) is interested in contacting the current owner. The last time I saw it (after a few other sales on CraigsList in 2015), it was still in the 2000 Eddie Bauer Expedition Estate Green & Prairie Tan paint with '80s/90s bubble-back hi-lo chrome mirrors, but it had new tires & wheels. The interior of the truck is unique, and very quiet, so I doubt it has been changed much - it had '86 EB Bronco captain's chairs with 2 armrests each, a Colt Vista rear seat on a custom base, and fully-upholstered tan interior hiding all the color-matched (tan metal-flake) Rhino lining, which had also been mostly covered with DynaMat Xtreme before the upholstered panels were added. It also had an '88 tilt/cruise column, Pioneer stereo in a customized dash with an extension across the bottom where the A/C registers were mounted. So it should still be easy to ID.

around1.jpg

doorl3.jpg

doorr12.jpg

engine05.jpg

bumperr4.jpg

I've tried searching the VIN in TN, and had a state trooper search it in all 50 states, but there is no current registration to be found. I've also browsed the Bronco Sightings thread from 2014-now, but it's not there, either. I'm going to start looking in OCBR, SuperFord, & other photos, but that could take a while, and it won't necessarily get him the contact he's looking for.

If you've seen it in the past 5 years, please post the (approximate) date & location here. Thanks.

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Wow, Steve! I didn’t know your friend had passed, or I didn’t remember.
Didn’t know the bronco had disappeared for now. Very distinctive though, so hoping that will help track it down!

okie4570

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
NW OK
IIRC is was for sale in Arkansas 2 or 3 years ago. Time gets away though and it may have been longer than that.

BruiserOutdoors

very similar one, but more modified now, for sale in oregon. Was on facebook. Cant find the ad now.

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
I'm looking for the 1975/2000 Eddie Bauer early Bronco that I built for a friend (naval aviator/veteran/FedEx pilot) who died suddenly a couple of years ago, and his oldest son (also a naval aviator) is interested in contacting the current owner. The last time I saw it (after a few other sales on CraigsList in 2015), it was still in the 2000 Eddie Bauer Expedition Estate Green & Prairie Tan paint with '80s/90s bubble-back hi-lo chrome mirrors, but it had new tires & wheels. The interior of the truck is unique, and very quiet, so I doubt it has been changed much - it had '86 EB Bronco captain's chairs with 2 armrests each, a Colt Vista rear seat on a custom base, and fully-upholstered tan interior hiding all the color-matched (tan metal-flake) Rhino lining, which had also been mostly covered with DynaMat Xtreme before the upholstered panels were added. It also had an '88 tilt/cruise column, Pioneer stereo in a customized dash with an extension across the bottom where the A/C registers were mounted. So it should still be easy to ID.

around1.jpg

doorl3.jpg

doorr12.jpg

engine05.jpg

bumperr4.jpg

I've tried searching the VIN in TN, and had a state trooper search it in all 50 states, but there is no current registration to be found. I've also browsed the Bronco Sightings thread from 2014-now, but it's not there, either. I'm going to start looking in OCBR, SuperFord, & other photos, but that could take a while, and it won't necessarily get him the contact he's looking for.

If you've seen it in the past 5 years, please post the (approximate) date & location here. Thanks.

Best of luck.. you just never know

Bitch'nBronco

Contributor
Loose Cannon
Loc.
Havre De Grace, MD
There's a facebook group called Hot Rods Lost and Found where people can post a car they're looking for and lots of times they get a usable lead. 62K members, good chance someone in there would recognize it